Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low-noise Tyres

Springy

Hi,

I am a new owner of the Avensis 2.2 litre D-4D TR, over all I am very happy with it but I am disappointed at the amount of road noise that fills the cabin. I can hardly hear the engine but the road noise is terrible at times. I have Goodyears fitted at the mo, can anyone reccommend any low-noise tyres?

Hi,

I am a new owner of the Avensis 2.2 litre D-4D TR, over all I am very happy with it but I am disappointed at the amount of road noise that fills the cabin. I can hardly hear the engine but the road noise is terrible at times. I have Goodyears fitted at the mo, can anyone reccommend any low-noise tyres?

hello

i have also installed goodyear eagle ventura - but they work fine.

i do not think their noice is louder than the noise arised from the A/C fan + music.

Cheers/Igor

can anyone reccommend any low-noise tyres?

Here

And here :thumbsup:

I have Dunlop SP Sport 01 (205/55R16). This is the loudest I have ever had! Check its scores on the ADAC's website.... not a bad tyre, but extremely loud.

can anyone reccommend any low-noise tyres?

Here

And here :thumbsup:

Ta for that,

Neil.

• 4 weeks later...

The Dutch government has carried out noise tests on pretty much all commonly available tyres and although I can't remember all of them, I do remember that Goodyear Excellence came joint 2nd and I can vouch for them, I've tried different tyres over the years and they seem to offer the best ride in terms of noise and comfort as well as having good grip. The tyre wear isn't great but that's the trade off - a harder compound will give you a longer life but at the expense of comfort. I'll definitely be replacing them with more of the same when the time comes.

The Dutch government has carried out noise tests on pretty much all commonly available tyres and although I can't remember all of them, I do remember that Goodyear Excellence came joint 2nd and I can vouch for them, I've tried different tyres over the years and they seem to offer the best ride in terms of noise and comfort as well as having good grip. The tyre wear isn't great but that's the trade off - a harder compound will give you a longer life but at the expense of comfort. I'll definitely be replacing them with more of the same when the time comes.

I've actually found the report and the results were:

Joint First Place (8dB below EU benchmark) : Yokohama AVS DB550 and Goodyear GSD3 Eagle F1

Third Place (7dB below EU benchmark): Goodyear Excellence

Andy.

I've actually found the report and the results were:

Joint First Place (8dB below EU benchmark) : Yokohama AVS DB550 and Goodyear GSD3 Eagle F1

Third Place (7dB below EU benchmark): Goodyear Excellence

Andy.

good info to have. i for one like www.mytyres.co.uk, and they are quoting both of the Goodyears at a very reasonable £60-ish each. Yokos £76 for 205/55/16V.

i was going to take a look at some dunlops. might have to check out the goodyears instead.

cheers

Changed my tyres a couple of weeks ago.

Had some Dunlop SP2000 on and replaced them with some Avon ZV5's.

The noise level seems lower to me compared to the Dunlop tyres but i think it's one of those things

where you're gonna have to try for yourself.

I got mine from http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/home.asp?gcl...CFRbWXgodHBwGyw

Thanks for all the info chaps, it's been a bit of a revelation - I did not know that you can order tyres online and have them fitted locally, I'll certainly give some of the low-noise options a go at my next tyre change.

Also, one of my colleagues has his tyres filld with nitrogen, are there any advantages to this?

Neil.

Thanks for all the info chaps, it's been a bit of a revelation - I did not know that you can order tyres online and have them fitted locally, I'll certainly give some of the low-noise options a go at my next tyre change.

Also, one of my colleagues has his tyres filld with nitrogen, are there any advantages to this?

Neil.

Hi Neil

I used to use nitrogen gas.

FYG - this is an inert gas and is not under air temperatire influence esecially in winter time.

In other words - the idea is to have constant pressure in each tyre and not to pump it as usually done by simple air.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links