Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Actuator/pump Problem

J888

Hi

I recently had a problem with the ABS light, which would go away.

Toyota diagnosed 2 fault codes C0273/13 and C1241/41.

They told me my ABS pump had blown and needs replacing, but on the parts sheet it says it needs a new ABS Actuator with the part number: T44050 20110 at a cost of £650 excl VAT!

I have phoned around to loads of places, but they are unable to find the part with that part number.

Can anyone tell me whether the ABS actuator is the actual ABS pump and ECU or a totally different part as I have seen some listed on eBay?

Thanks in advance

i think id visit a breakers yard myself like. toyota wanted to bill me over £1000 to replace my ecu on my gen6 when they diagnosed my abs problems , turned out the previous keeper had removed the abs fuse to make the abs light go off. the fuse which i finally found after looking myself what it could be.

I did actually check the fuse box, and noticed the ABS No.1 fuse was blown.

I replaced the fuse, and it blew again straight away, so i assume there is a short somewhere. Could this be because of the blown ABS Pump?

I did actually check the fuse box, and noticed the ABS No.1 fuse was blown.

I replaced the fuse, and it blew again straight away, so i assume there is a short somewhere. Could this be because of the blown ABS Pump?

Disconnect the wiring at the abs pump and then replace the fuse. If the fuse blows you know the fault is in the wires not the pump.

Check the speed sensor just hasn't been knocked out of alignment.

happened to mine and is obviously an instant MOT failure let alone brake failure too.

If it's not as simple as that then get on to a breakers and look for a replacement hub including ABS speed sensor, shouldn't cost you any more than £100. Or even again if it's not the sensor and it actually is the pump then still recommend buying from a breakers.

Toyota quoted me over £360 for a replacement radiator where in actual fact a brand new one from any reputable car radiator maker is about £100.

No point in buying genuine Toyota parts UNLESS you are really passionate about keeping your car mint and original.

O and my advise is always check from the cheapest way first and work up. IE fuses - sensor alignment - hub - FLUID etc. etc. Never take advise directly from fault codes because a lot of mechanics will stick the arm in and try and call your bluff etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links