Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driver Seatbelt

Maran

Hello out there. I have had an 09 Aygo black for 5 weeks. I have a problem with driver seatbelt cutting across my neck. Cannot find a seatbelt clip ti fit and aleviate this problem. Has anyone had this problem and solved it. It is driving me crazy

Thanks Maran

I have tried all these bar getting on a booster seat and none have worked, got a seat belt pad to try and ease it, says Aygo on it :D

I use pads. Mine have a picture of a dragon on them

Hello out there. I have had an 09 Aygo black for 5 weeks. I have a problem with driver seatbelt cutting across my neck. Cannot find a seatbelt clip ti fit and aleviate this problem. Has anyone had this problem and solved it. It is driving me crazy

Thanks Maran

I got one of those Klunky Clips but found it wouldn't fit on the seat belt (no hook showing) so I cut off the support hook and fitted it to the seatbelt.

It locks off giving me about four inches slack although if you have to brake hard it releases allowing the seatbelt to operate normally.

My problem when I had my first Aygo Sport back in 2006 was the diagonal section of the seatbelt rubbing my left nipple sore!!!!! Back then I resorted to the Sabelt seatbelt pad. Now after near 3 year of chest presses in the gym problem solved and my nipple is just fine.

Pads seem like the cheapest and easiest solution :)

Welcome to the club, too ;)

1) seat cushion to elevate your seating position

2) children's seatbelt clips that can be bought from Halfords

3) seatbelt harness pads, again from Halfords

thankyou for suggestions. Have tried Halfords and bought childs clip (velcro type) but comes undone frequently. Have pad, it works but feel a little childish with it on. Nt tried cushion. Would like klunkklip but have tried several from internet but do not fit Aygo. Any other suggestions would be appreciated as this problem is taking 'the edge' off the new car.

Thanks for help

Maran

The funny thing is of course that the seat is already too high and really should be lowered to a proper driving position. I feel like I am riding an elephant half the time I am so high up.

So, in summary, the seatbelt is yet another design flaw with the Aygo. Maybe it is because the Japanese are so much taller than us Europeans?

;)

Regards

Andy

The funny thing is of course that the seat is already too high and really should be lowered to a proper driving position. I feel like I am riding an elephant half the time I am so high up.

So, in summary, the seatbelt is yet another design flaw with the Aygo. Maybe it is because the Japanese are so much taller than us Europeans?

;)

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy. Thanks for your amusing email. Was told Aygo made in Yugoslavia, so where does that leave us! Yugojaps are taller than us?

Maran

Maran, this has relevance, how tall are you?

Hi. Am 5'2" (with my umbrella up!!) I have not felt this was relevant as I have driven loads of different cars over the years and never had a seatbelt prob.

Am very reluctant to use cushion in a new car. Problem with Aygo is that the seatbelt goes straight into the plastic on wall with no adjustment.

Thanks for contact Maran

;)

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy. Thanks for your amusing email. Was told Aygo made in Yugoslavia, so where does that leave us! Yugojaps are taller than us?

Maran

Yugoslavia ! No such country I'm afraid nowadays :( God Bless President Tito, one guy who was not afraid to stick up to Stalin after the war in that neck of the woods. I visited Dubrovnik when it was part of Yugoslavia and it was a fantastic place, hope it has not been reduced in the past recent wars.

The Aygo is actually built in the AustroHungarian Empire, or was it Czechoslovakia? Hmmm......the Republic of Boratstan?

Potatoes.

And beetroot.

Regards

Andy

;)

Regards

Andy

Maran

Yugoslavia ! No such country I'm afraid nowadays :( God Bless President Tito, one guy who was not afraid to stick up to Stalin after the war in that neck of the woods. I visited Dubrovnik when it was part of Yugoslavia and it was a fantastic place, hope it has not been reduced in the past recent wars.

The Aygo is actually built in the AustroHungarian Empire, or was it Czechoslovakia? Hmmm......the Republic of Boratstan?

Potatoes.

And beetroot.

Regards

Andy

Thanks, i'm glad i've got that straight (or have I!!!) Perhaps you mean my car was constructed on an allotment but at least beetroot and asparagus

Maran

Buy a BOOSTER CUSION

Sorry haha!!!!

I had the same problem... it was like getting my nipples cut off

Seat belt pads are the best... :)

My problem when I had my first Aygo Sport back in 2006 was the diagonal section of the seatbelt rubbing my left nipple sore!!!!! Back then I resorted to the Sabelt seatbelt pad. Now after near 3 year of chest presses in the gym problem solved and my nipple is just fine.

Ooh Bigmo, painful, not had that problem thank goodness! Am going to order Klunk Klip2 from eBay which has been suggested. Hopefully you can throw away the nipple cream!!! :crybaby:

Search "Klunk Klip 2" on ebay. I got a couple of these and they're ok.

Thanks, Found klunk klips on eBay and ordered. Fingers crossed.

Ooh Bigmo, painful, not had that problem thank goodness! Am going to order Klunk Klip2 from eBay which has been suggested. Hopefully you can throw away the nipple cream!!! :crybaby:

LOL :rolleyes:

The cheapest solution is the good old 'cloths peg'. Adjust the belt to the right amount of slack and just clip it on above the spool.

The cheapest solution is the good old 'cloths peg'. Adjust the belt to the right amount of slack and just clip it on above the spool.

Ta for suggestion, have tried peg but seems to 'pop' every time i move, obviously have no gypsy in me!!!

Maran

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links