Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Avensis Is Dead!

dazwan

I know its been a while since I last posted, but its worth sharing with you all.

Last weekend my Avensis got rear ended in Leicester by a Honda Accord. Only a slight dent in the boot, but the spare wheel was wedged in the well as a result (I reckon without it the bump would have been more serious).

So off the car went to be fixed on Tuesday (Bank Holiday meant nobody available to deal with my claim). The motor was written off on Thursday morning. The car's 10 years old and the cost of repairs was £1600+. So to cut a long story short, yesterday I very sadly went to say bye to my Avensis of 7 years or trouble free driving.

And this afternoon, after having a Vauxhall Insignia for 3 days (nice car, but drives and handles like a tractor IMO), I picked up my new(ish) car...

...a 2005 Avensis Tourer 1.8 T3-X :yahoo: . Fair enough it's not as stylish as my old saloon, and not a new 09 model like some have received lately (not jealous, honest :crybaby: ) , but we need the extra space for lugging stuff around and hopefully this will provide a few more years of trouble free motoring.

I know its been a while since I last posted, but its worth sharing with you all.

Last weekend my Avensis got rear ended in Leicester by a Honda Accord. Only a slight dent in the boot, but the spare wheel was wedged in the well as a result (I reckon without it the bump would have been more serious).

So off the car went to be fixed on Tuesday (Bank Holiday meant nobody available to deal with my claim). The motor was written off on Thursday morning. The car's 10 years old and the cost of repairs was £1600+. So to cut a long story short, yesterday I very sadly went to say bye to my Avensis of 7 years or trouble free driving.

And this afternoon, after having a Vauxhall Insignia for 3 days (nice car, but drives and handles like a tractor IMO), I picked up my new(ish) car...

...a 2005 Avensis Tourer 1.8 T3-X :yahoo: . Fair enough it's not as stylish as my old saloon, and not a new 09 model like some have received lately (not jealous, honest :crybaby: ) , but we need the extra space for lugging stuff around and hopefully this will provide a few more years of trouble free motoring.

Sorry to hear about the premature end to your Avensis :( ...................glad that nobody was hurt :)

Pleased to see that you have replaced with an estate with loads of room for your stuff :thumbsup:

Happy motoring!

if you thought that the Insignia handled like a tractor what do you think of an old Avensis Tourer?

I wouldn't call mine exactly inspiring for some quick cross-country B road action ...

great for motorways though :lol:

if you thought that the Insignia handled like a tractor what do you think of an old Avensis Tourer?

I wouldn't call mine exactly inspiring for some quick cross-country B road action ...

great for motorways though :lol:

Apart from the Diesel turbo, which meant the Insignia chugg's everywhere, the steering feels quite heavy, whereas the Avensis steering is quite light. I always thought my old mk1 Avensis felt like driving a small hatchback and the mk3 still has the same feel. The only thing I think it needs is a 6th gear for the motorway.

Daz.... I am sorry to hear of the accident but as has been said.... at least you are ok :thumbsup:

I hope the replacement car gives you a lot of enjoyment :yes:

Apart from the Diesel turbo, which meant the Insignia chugg's everywhere

a diesel Avensis does the same, it's the nature of the beast but you learn to drive it differently

the steering feels quite heavy, whereas the Avensis steering is quite light.

personal preference I guess but I would rather a heavier but direct/responsive steering than light & imprecise/wooly.

It's definitely not as confidence inspiring as my Omega's was.

I always thought my old mk1 Avensis felt like driving a small hatchback and the mk3 still has the same feel. The only thing I think it needs is a 6th gear for the motorway.

It is 1 of the smaller cars in it's class.

& if you had got a diesel you would have got a 6th gear :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links