Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'99 Avensis Specs

bfckarlos

Hi folks,

Can n e tell me where I can get the full specs for the '99 2.0L Avenesis, I've tried to get off net but only find the new Avensis specs and reviews. This is not for n e thing special, just for interest sake really.

I have a brochure. I take it you mean the pre-VVTi ones. PM me a list of what you want to know and I shall give the info.

From 1997 engine choices are 1.6i, 1.8i and 2.0i 16-valve petrol engines, or a 2.0 8-valve turbo-diesel. The more powerful D4-D direct injection turbo-diesel was introduced in Nov 99, with new generation 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0 VVTi (Variable Valve Timing) petrol engines following in August 2000 – these units are cleaner and more efficient than the previous engines.

The latest year 2001 line-up launched in August 2000 includes new Vermont entry level models with climate control. Range revisions included new headlamps and front bumpers, improved ride, uprated rear brakes and higher quality interior trim.

Before August 2000 all models, including the entry level S, have velour trim, PAS, height-adjustable front and rear headrests, 60/40 split rear seat, remote central locking, RDS radio/cassette and ABS with electronic brake distribution. From August 2000 all models also have satellite navigation, alarm and climate air con.

GS models add standard metallic paint, electrically operated heated mirrors.

GLS have body-coloured mirrors, chrome grille, front fog lights, leather steering wheel and gear knob, CD player, upgraded trim.

Top specification CDX have alloy wheels with locking wheel nuts, wood trim and full leather interior.

SR (Feb 99) is similar to GLS but has 'sports' equipment including special alloy wheels, stiffer suspension and rear spolier on all. 2.0 SR only models get traction control.

Thanks guys, very heplfull. As i said it was just for interest sake.

But can you tell me what the BHP for the standard 2.0i pre VVTi '99 model is?

It's 126bhp - not much you might say, but it has quite a bit of torque low down the rev range - ideal for an automatic.

The VVT-i ones although good on an auto would drive better with a manual probably due to the nature of engine (high revving).

Thanks, I must admit I was expecting something more closer to 135BHP.

But since my last car was a Rover 214i 8v :censor: , it's not much to complian about. Infact I absolutely love my Avensis, and have decided when I change it, I'm gonna try and stay with the range.

One last thing, on eBay you can buy chip for Avensis promising a increase of upto 15BHP with no extra mod, just by clipping them in. Are these worth trying (even though the are not expensive), or is it only going to bring more problems for the engine?

Personally I wouldn't bother. If it were that simple to get 15bhp without any other side-effects then Toyota would have done it in the first place.

Thanks,

Will probably not bother then.

But I am interested in maybe in doing some tweaking, does anyone have any (inexpensive) ideas??? For possible future use.