Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Little Nervous.

macamx

Hi.

Just on the point of giving up the bike and buying a Blue for the commute and as a general run around.

Tried something similar previously buying one of the new Smart Fortwo cars, absolutely hated the thirsty horrible thing.

Drove the Aygo today and was mightily impressed but a quick question on here is of great value.

Had a quick look round the forum and cant find too much to worry about, any thing that you think that i should be aware of would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Geoff.

I'm at the same point about a C1 myself.

Perhaps just be aware that you won't be visiting the petrol station as often :) even if the bike was a C90 :)

Both of us just need to be brave and part with some cash, easier said than done I know.

I don't think we'll regret it, half a Porsche 911 sound sounds like fun to me.

Just buy it and don't look back! I'm sure you will not regret it!

As you've probably seen there's been some bother with faulty seals on some Aygos making them prone to leakage. I thought I had this problem but it turns out it was my fault instead :unsure:

I also had to have the 'V-Belt' replaced under warranty (light whining sound under idle- replaced under warranty in 4 hours with a courtesy car for the day)

But I would definitely recommend an Aygo. You just wouldn't believe the MPG you'll get and the low running costs overall. Plus they are lovely to drive for the price. They're agile, nippy, suprisingly comfortable and you can get 4 adults in no worries so long as you're not giving the basketball team a lift.

It'll be 3 years in July since I bought my Aygo, I'm currently on 21000 miles and I love my car. It's rock-solid reliable, probably one of the easiest cars in the world to park, I get over 400 miles per £35 tank without trying and I've had nothing but A+ service from my local Toyota dealer.

If you are nervous, have a chat with the dealer and try and swing another test drive. Perhaps try it on some country lanes or a quick carriageway- I was sold on mine after about 20 minutes ;)

Good luck and, if you do get an Aygo, then we'll look forward to seeing you on here :)

My scooter went after buying my Aygo!

80mph in third gear doesnt have a load of creature comforts but then thats less to pay for if it ever goes wrong.

My cars not had a single problem with anything since it rolled off the forecourt!

The 2009 model appears to have fixed the troublesum water leaks of the previous models which is nice too see. Cant belive im gonna say this, but the weather is too nice for me to find out.

Ordered a Blue, 10 to11 weeks delivery.

Geoff.

Ouch, 10-11 weeks :o

Did you order VSC, or is that just the standard Aygo Blue?

Ordered a Blue, 10 to11 weeks delivery.

Geoff.

Ouch, 10-11 weeks :o

Did you order VSC, or is that just the standard Aygo Blue?

Standard.

Bloomin' eck. Hoping our dealer sticks to the 4-6 weeks we were quoted!

Well from what I was told, its not just Aygos, its the toyota brand in general. Instead of mass producing cars they are doing limited runs so they dont have cars lying around depots that may or may not sell due to the current climate.

A sensible decision I suppose - produce the cars when you've got the orders.

Well from what I was told, its not just Aygos, its the toyota brand in general. Instead of mass producing cars they are doing limited runs so they dont have cars lying around depots that may or may not sell due to the current climate.

Quite a few manufacturers are doing that.............Mercedes have a 3 to 4 month delivery forecast :(

Quite a few manufacturers are doing that.............Mercedes have a 3 to 4 month delivery forecast :(

3-4 MONTHS? How could you stand waiting for that?!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links