Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's The Value Of My Car?

crazyman50000

This isn't a sale thread, just intrigued over what'd be a good price atm if I did come to sell my car.

2001/51 1.3 Toyota Yaris GLS [AC] 57,000 miles

Bump strips, official cd player, 5 doors, brilliant condition, alloy wheels, FSH, recently had 2 new front tyres, metallic carribean blue

£4,000 seem reasonable?

This isn't a sale thread, just intrigued over what'd be a good price atm if I did come to sell my car.

2001/51 1.3 Toyota Yaris GLS [AC] 57,000 miles

Bump strips, official cd player, 5 doors, brilliant condition, alloy wheels, FSH, recently had 2 new front tyres, metallic carribean blue

£4,000 seem reasonable?

Paid members may advertise their personal property for sale in the "For Sale" section of the forum. All adverts will be moved to the "For Sale Archive" section after three months (or sooner if the item is sold and the thread has been updated). This also includes posting requesting valuations of their property. For car valuations please seek advice here: http://www.parkers.co.uk

Toyota Yaris (99-06)

1. 1.3 16v VVT-i GLS 5d (AC) Change

2. 2001/51 Change

3. Average mileage: 80,000 miles Change

4. Adjust for mileage and options Change

No options selected

Original Priced £10,195

Independent Dealer £3,490

Private Good £2,920

Private Poor £2,075

Part Exchange £2,265

Taken from Parkers.

Your mileage is below average but your price is way above the quoted.....................The car will be worth whatever you can get someone to pay you :thumbsup:

I know about Parkers but didn't think they were accurate.

Saying that, Ive seen a 52 exact same spec on Pistonheads for £5,000 - average mileage too. So £4,000 sounds right in my eyes =\

....................The car will be worth whatever you can get someone to pay you :thumbsup:

Good luck

That shows an even lower price :(

Toyota Yaris

GLS

1.3 Petrol 5-door Hatchback

5 Speed Manual

Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2001 51

Mileage: 57,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition: £2720

Average condition: £2450

Below average condition: £2160

....................The car will be worth whatever you can get someone to pay you :)

Lol you will NOT get 4 grand!! You will have seen the 5K price tag in an overpriced garage at a very high mileage!

Looking at the prices on auto trader/cars that have SOLD on eBay, you would be lucky to get 3k!

Good luck :thumbsup:

They may sell for that kinda money but not many people will buy them!

When I bought my 53-plate T-Spirit D4D from Toyota last year it had an asking price of something like £6500 originally, although I got them to knock £500 off and take my crappy fiesta for £1000 (Credit Crunch FTW :lol: ), and frankly that was still well above the going rate.

Given that the Yaris D4D *is* the most expensive model by far (Mainly because they're so !Removed! hard to find! :lol: ), I think you might be hard pressed to get 4k for the 1.3 VVTi... :(

Parkers is what is used by the general public.

Glass's is what is used by the trade.

Parkers will always be a higher price than Glasses.

£4k for a 8 year old Yaris is laughably high. Good luck.

Look on Autotrader to see what cars are selling for in there. Then wait a week or so and ring a few up to see if they're still for sale...

If they've sold, the price was right (or too low). If they're still for sale, the price was too high...

But as you can now get an 06 new-model Yaris for £4,500, you're not going to get £4000 for your 2001 model I'm afraid.....

You can pick up a mint low mileage T-Sport for 4k. :D

I got my 51 plate T sport alot cheaper than 4k with the same miles!

That's a great price for a T-sport! :o

I paid £3000 for the wife's SR in Dec 07. Px'ed an old micra so got £500 knocked off.

At that time, T-Sports were out of my price range, loads of cheap dogs about but me being very picky, it had to be right.

I was happy paying that for a good example. ;)

Maybe next year it will be traded in for a T-sport...Hmm, a nice Thunder Grey one or black. :thumbsup:

I paid £3000 for the wife's SR in Dec 07. Px'ed an old micra so got £500 knocked off.

At that time, T-Sports were out of my price range, loads of cheap dogs about but me being very picky, it had to be right.

Maybe next year it will be traded in for a T-sport...Hmm, a nice Thunder Grey one or black. :thumbsup:

Got to be Thunder Grey, they look SWEET! :P

Thats a good price Yaris SR Kid, any tips for me trying to knock someone down on price? ;)

Please try to stay "On Topic" with this thread :thumbsup:

Got to be Thunder Grey, they look SWEET! :P

Thats a good price Yaris SR Kid, any tips for me trying to knock someone down on price? ;)

I got it off another forum member so did me a good deal! There is a fair few cheap ones on pistonheads at the moment B)

• 4 months later...

Sold it for £2,500 which is the same as that Network Q / Glass evaluation.

Quick sale, no tax, 11 months MOT

Yesterday I bought a 2003 1.3 VVT-i T Spirit for £3700. 28600 miles (genuine) and 99% pristine. Very pleased with it and also very surprised at the variance in price. Have been checking on this model/year for a couple of weeks, internet and elsewhere, and prices I found varied from 2900 (high mileage and rough) to 6900 medium mileage (40k and VGC).

As previously said in this thread, the car is worth what someone is willing to pay. I guess that goes for most anything.

Nick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links