Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking Noise

Joel13

Hi all,

i have noticed my Yaris TS has developed a squeaking noise from the engine when i am driving at low speeds up till about 40mph after that it becomes fine. once i drop back down to 40 mph or less it starts again.

when the car is on tick over it does not make this noise at all just when i am driving any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Auxilliary drivebelt? They can squeak but its usually on idle and disappers when you put revs on so not quite the same as your problem. Try a small bit of wd40 on the belt - worth a try.

Auxilliary drivebelt? They can squeak but its usually on idle and disappers when you put revs on so not quite the same as your problem. Try a small bit of wd40 on the belt - worth a try.

Im guessing thats the belt near the alternator belt?

Yeah there are a couple of belts all called different things by different people - aux drive belt, fanbelt, polyvee belt etc. The Yaris has a couple of belts - driving the alternator, water pump, power steering (for us hydraulic power steering people) etc so give them a quick spritz of wd40 and see it it makes a difference.

It may be that the sound doesn't disappear after 40mph - it's simply inaudible due to the speed.

Yeah there are a couple of belts all called different things by different people - aux drive belt, fanbelt, polyvee belt etc. The Yaris has a couple of belts - driving the alternator, water pump, power steering (for us hydraulic power steering people) etc so give them a quick spritz of wd40 and see it it makes a difference.

It may be that the sound doesn't disappear after 40mph - it's simply inaudible due to the speed.

So shall i spray the gogs that the belts go round? i have the car booked in to get both belts changed at the end of the month is there any damage that will be caused by this if there belts are not changed?

thanks

Temporary fix using wd40, however it does work....Temporarily :lol:

Lift the hood and check the belts are not too slack, you will be able to tell straight away if they are, maybe no more than 1" movement at the middle of the belt.

Mine did this over winter, started squeeling it's head off when setting off :blush:

If it's doing it all the time, it might be best to just have them changed. :thumbsup:

Temporary fix using wd40, however it does work....Temporarily :lol:

Lift the hood and check the belts are not too slack, you will be able to tell straight away if they are, maybe no more than 1" movement at the middle of the belt.

Mine did this over winter, started squeeling it's head off when setting off :blush:

If it's doing it all the time, it might be best to just have them changed. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Belts are not slack checked them last night have sprayed some WD40 and that seems to of done the trick.

Have also got my TS booked in for the end of the month to get both belts changed.

cheers for all your help