Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spanner Size For Cartridge Oil Filter Housing

marco polo

does anyone know the size of the spanner or tool required to fit around the the oil filter housing for the d4d avensis 2008 model

Maybe you could have a chat with your local Mr Toyota mechanic.... I am sure he will advise you :)

As your car is still well within it's warranty period should this not be a task left to your normal service schedule :huh:

does anyone know the size of the spanner or tool required to fit around the the oil filter housing for the d4d avensis 2008 model

i use an adjustable oil filter wrench those are cheap to buy and will fit practically all oil filters on all cars

hope this helps

dave

Hi I to had this problem looked on this site and was recommended a 64mm filter cup which turned out to be wrong it is the 65mm 14 flute filter cup I do recommend that you use this tool as I have tried a few filter wrenches and they are basicly useless plus this tool keeps you from damaging the housing as it is very soft but remember not to overtighten when you have replced the filter also clean inside the housing before refit. hope this helps I aquired one of the net just do a search there are plenty about for around 7 quid.

adjustable wrenches are fine it does not matter if you damage the filter because you will not be reusing it, when you are putting new one on you only hand tighten it. never use a wrench!!!!

dave

dave its not the old type oil filter we are talking about that you descard when finished its the new type oil filter that is actually a paper cartridge which is enclosed in a housing the housing is very soft and can be damaged if the correct tool is not used

What about using a Torque Wrench. Any one know what the filter bottom can be Torqued to?

dave its not the old type oil filter we are talking about that you descard when finished its the new type oil filter that is actually a paper cartridge which is enclosed in a housing the housing is very soft and can be damaged if the correct tool is not used

sorry my mistake

• 1 year later...

I believe its 35n/m

well its actually 40n/m +-8n/m thats written on oil cap itself if you have avensis 1ad-ftv D4D

Hi I to had this problem looked on this site and was recommended a 64mm filter cup which turned out to be wrong it is the 65mm 14 flute filter cup I do recommend that you use this tool as I have tried a few filter wrenches and they are basicly useless plus this tool keeps you from damaging the housing as it is very soft but remember not to overtighten when you have replced the filter also clean inside the housing before refit. hope this helps I aquired one of the net just do a search there are plenty about for around 7 quid.

yes mate you are wright it is 65mm 14 flute and not 64mm.unfortunately i run into same trouble. tomorrow need to get new 65mm wrench

and that is for avensis D4D 1ad-ftv engine code.

wrench is 65mm 14flutes it cost app£5 i got 64mm 14flutes and it was small.i have avensis 56reg D4D 1ad-ftv

yes mate you are right it is 65mm 14 flute and not 64mm.unfortunately i run into same trouble. tomorrow need to get new 65mm wrench

and that is for avensis D4D 1ad-ftv engine code.

i just measured oil cap and it is from flat to flat 64.2mm and from edge to edge 65.3mm well don`t know what to think about that.i think wrench 65mm and 14 flutes will be still small,and 66mm 14flutes wrench is nowhere to find on internet.and toyota main dealer has right wrench but want £40 for it excellent.

hello mate its strange i measured my oil filter housing it has 14flutes and 65.3mm from edge to edge,and 64.2mm from flat spot to flat spot.its strange i think even if i use 65mm 14 flutes wrench it won`t fit.so i reckon using belt oil wrench or original tool from dealer witch cost £39.99 well its expensive

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone had a problem with not being able to undo the cap for fear of breaking the canister,

my GF took her 07 T180 to an independant mechanic after it be "serviced" by toyota main dealer for 3 years and even with the right spanner they were concerned about how tight it was and didnt want to release it for fear of breaking something ( it was way tighter than 40Nm) and even with an 18" breaker bar attached i was getting a bit concerned by how much force i needed to apply and even then not budge it

the independant thinks it was massivly overtightened or hadnt been changed in over 20000 miles (this was a 40000 mile service at 3 years)

anybody any similar experiences or thoughts??

thanks

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links