Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbbie

Mr sox

hello, i am new on here and would like some advice please as we are thinking about getting a prius, at present we have a 08 diesel yaris which is a sound. we would like more space and not as much noise. on long runs when i get out i tend to be talking quite loud !!!!!!!. i have seen all sorts of mpg figurs quoted, so what would be the norm for us. we do almost no city driving. my wife covers 16 mile a day for work 12 of which is motorway. at weekends we drive to angelesey 60 miles of dual carrigeway. or we travel to cardiff through mid wales on a and b roads. what is the life of the Battery and what is the replacement costs. the prius is in my view a good looking car and different from the rest. the car would be around a 05/06 year and what are the sevice intervals. thanks

hello, i am new on here and would like some advice please as we are thinking about getting a prius, at present we have a 08 diesel yaris which is a sound. we would like more space and not as much noise. on long runs when i get out i tend to be talking quite loud !!!!!!!. i have seen all sorts of mpg figurs quoted, so what would be the norm for us. we do almost no city driving. my wife covers 16 mile a day for work 12 of which is motorway. at weekends we drive to angelesey 60 miles of dual carrigeway. or we travel to cardiff through mid wales on a and b roads. what is the life of the battery and what is the replacement costs. the prius is in my view a good looking car and different from the rest. the car would be around a 05/06 year and what are the sevice intervals. thanks

The batteries are designed to last the life of the car, A taxi fleet in Canada has Prius and at 350k miles the batteries had to be changed. That to me is more than the cars life. Items within the hybrid system are covered by Toyota for 10yrs or 100k.

Motorway driving you should get 54-56 MPG. As stated BIG Battery life is no problem it has 8 year warranty. Servicing is every 10,000 miles. Prius is the best car I have ever owned; my son also has a Prius as well and uses it between UK and the French Alps regularly. The Prius is a very quiet running car. You cannot go wrong but make sure the car has a Toyota full service history.

Cheers. Chris.

I can't answer the mpg question, I think it depends on too many variables.

The Prius 2006-2009 was refined/tweaked compared with 2004-2005, traction control and top speed are the only things that I can remember.

(MrSox) "i have seen all sorts of mpg figurs quoted, so what would be the norm for us. we do almost no city driving"

If it is any help, I have just done a run of 9 miles between Weston-super-Mare and Clevedon, 3 miles being at 30 mph and 6 M5 miles at between 65 and 70 mph. Driving into a NE headwind my mpg was 64 but coming back with a tailwind, mpg was 75. That is the effect of just one situation on level ground. All sorts of situations can affect the mpg figure. You may like to take a test drive in a Prius and see what you get in the way of mpg. You can reset the mpg figure at any stage of the journey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links