Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaving The Aygo Fold

Zaaro

Well, what can I say, ive decided to put my Aygo up for sale after owning it for just over 2 years and doing around 10k miles

I didnt think I would be selling just yet but it doesnt seem the same little fun car it used to be. I had always intended to sell it either next year or the year after for a more powerful car when my I hit 21 and 3 years no claims.

However after finding out the car I wanted next (1.6 Focus mk1) would only cost an extra £150 now for insurance ive decided to changeover now

Just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me out with certain things and all was much appreciated :) will still be hanging about on here every now and then to see how everyone else is getting on with there Aygo's

Also if anyone has experienced a Focus themselves, please comment :)

Will update when I have sold, until then, im still here :D

z

Sad to see you getting rid of your Aygo but I wish you the best with your Focus.

Be good to see how much you get for your Aygo - given that it's the least depreciating car and all that!

Keep us all updated!

Its nice to have a change, especially if you fancy it. Good luck with your new motor!

Good luck with the Focus. I had a Focus as a courtesy car some years back - it was a nice smooth drive.

You'll enjoy the Focus, as said above it is smooth and of course a bit more of everything compared to the Aygo. I'd say it was more accomplished and less fun though. Depends what you want out of your drive of course.

Good luck with it!

Regards

Andy

Thanks for the comments all, yea the Focus seemed very 'refined' when I test drove it

Just thinking if I ended up trading it in I would probably remove the alloys and the front skirts.

Would anyone be interested in buying them? pm if so

I would post up a proper thread with prices etc but dont think im allowed to do that on here? (if someone can confirm)

How old is the Focus? Mk IIs have been out some time. As well as the £150 factor in any repair unexpected costs, but like all Fords parts are cheap and any mechanic who can't fix a Ford shouldn't be in business. Cambelts are scheduled for 10 yearly or 100,000 mile changes, but they have been known to go before this. A colleague's went at 7 years and 54,000 so I'd factor in £250 to get it done if it's this sort of age or mileage.

I had a '99 Mk1 1.8 until it had done about 55,000 miles. Went very well, handled well, but liked the fuel station - mid 20s round town, 40ish on a decent run. I only had two warranty claims for a rear wheel bearing and a replacement fuel gauge sender unit.

After this low mileage though the drivers seat had started to collapse giving me severe backache - for this reason I got rid.

The sloping bonnet was also seemed to attract stones and the paint wasn't very good at coping with them - it was peppered with chips when I traded it.

I do like the focus, but in a time where everyone hasnt got much money unless you can claim expenses, does the MPG not worry you?

My main car is a Focus 1.6 zetec enough power drives on rails and comfortable on long drives.

Goo d luck with your purchase

Thanks for the info davey, much appreciated

Darth - It is an issue that im thinking about but at the same time I dont do a great deal of mileage anyway (14 miles a day commuting) but saying that I am still looking into it

My main car is a Focus 1.6 zetec enough power drives on rails and comfortable on long drives.

How do you find the mpg on the 1.6?

I'm looking at a specific model myself: 1.6 Zetec on an 04 or 05 plate and with around 20-30k on the clock. There are a few knocking about and im going to see 2 tomorrow

Just out of interest, when it comes to MPG, is there any other cars with similar power to the focus that have better mpg?

Thanks for the info davey, much appreciated

Darth - It is an issue that im thinking about but at the same time I dont do a great deal of mileage anyway (14 miles a day commuting) but saying that I am still looking into it

How do you find the mpg on the 1.6?

I'm looking at a specific model myself: 1.6 Zetec on an 04 or 05 plate and with around 20-30k on the clock. There are a few knocking about and im going to see 2 tomorrow

Just out of interest, when it comes to MPG, is there any other cars with similar power to the focus that have better mpg?

Its a bit gutsy in town, but I get around 40 mpg on motorways, more if when I'm not in a hurry and drive at 60. Probably around 30ish in town, though I do switch engine off at traffic lights to conserve fuel.

I get an average of 38mpg in my Yaris t-sport, which is slightly more powerful than a 1.6 focus. Just a thought if you're keen to keep it Toyota.

The 1.6 mk1 focus is still a decent car though. A mate had a '99 zetec up to about 130,000 miles before he got rid. Was comfortable and handled well up to the very end.

Thanks again for the info guys

Yea Chris, I did look at the Yaris, decisions decisions lol

Its still mega fun to me, overtook a golf gt tdi yesterday and could see the guy ranting in the rear view mirror :D

Its still mega fun to me, overtook a golf gt tdi yesterday and could see the guy ranting in the rear view mirror :D

Yea it had been for me until a month or 2 ago, just needed the change i suppose.

Anyway, the Aygo will be gone monday!

Did a straight trade for an silver 05 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec yesterday

Picking up monday though as they need to mot and tax it, cant believe the little Aygo wont be on the drive anymore after monday :(

Well I'm sure you'll love your new Ford Focus :)

At least it's silver too!

Yea it had been for me until a month or 2 ago, just needed the change i suppose.

Anyway, the Aygo will be gone monday!

Did a straight trade for an silver 05 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec yesterday

Picking up monday though as they need to mot and tax it, cant believe the little Aygo wont be on the drive anymore after monday :(

Traitor!

i jest :P

Its a mk1, dont like the shape of the mk2, looks 'bulky'

Picking up tomorrow now also, got delayed ¬_¬

On the bright side tho, another day with the Aygo :)

Its a mk1, dont like the shape of the mk2, looks 'bulky'

Picking up tomorrow now also, got delayed ¬_¬

Picking up monday though as they need to mot and tax it, cant believe the little Aygo wont be on the drive anymore after monday

Did it fail its MOT ? :lol:

Nah, its not gone thro yet, it will fail though as I noticed split wipers haha

Had delays getting the free 7 day insurance for it from norwich union so given the fact I can only leave at half 3 (after work) and the journey takes nearly 2 hrs, depending on traffic so would have been cutting it a bit fine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links