Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2009 Aygo Blue

Darth Sabre

Twas a bright tuesday night on the 2nd of june when a toyota aygo was told it was going to come live with me.

Its colour was blue and it glisined with the sun, its metallic cayman blue sparkling with every ray of sun that shone off it.

Yes i finally have my little car.

Impressions:

Absolutly beautiful car on the exterior, the car has a cheeky little look of "look at me i want to be a speed demon" while the 107 and c1 range seem to have a :lol: expression.

I didnt purchase alloys but the rims that came with the aygo may as well be, they look superb. Im not too happy with the length of the radio arial however, so i may get a shorter one down the line.

So lets move inside shall we:

Beautiful, the dash with a mix of black and grey all set off by the interior cayman blue around the speedo and the airducts. The bluetooth adapter with its welcoming "Steven... Connected" has sadly become quite annoying, but its going to stay due to the safety aspect.

The car came with a half tank of petrol and i threw in an extra £10 just because. This brought it to 4 bars and currently ive done around 70 miles and we are still on the 4th bar. Impressive.

The stereo... now i know why there are so many complaints, its rather quiet and doesnt feel like there are six Speakers in the cab, but who cares, as long as i can rock to my iron maiden while floating down the road thats all i care about.

The boot as we all know is !Removed! tiny, and should be fun at the weekend when i partake in my usual "take the gfs aunt" out shopping as she is currently in a wheelchair.. I am unsure weather or not it will fit in the boot, so could be fun trying.

Hows it handle?:

Beautifuly, obviously it took me a mile or so to get used to the new clutch biting point compaired to my polo, and ever since i havnt looked back. It has believe it or not, more acceleration, more "nippyness" and general better handling that my 1.2 polo ever had. It grips the road like its glued and the steering seems reponsive and has enough bite to ensure you dont throw the wheels about.

Dislikes?:

Sadly yes there are a few. The ride height for such a small car is quite odd. I myself am 6'7" and coupled with the odd ride height makes it feel odd. Dont get me wrong i have plenty of leg room but such a high height makes looking through the windows past the blind spots etc a bit taxing.

Again the radio, which doesnt need covered.

A slight nitpick but the petrol tank being on the left is going to confuse me for a while, due to me never owning a car with it being on that side.

The lack of a closeable glovebox kinda lets the interior down, but ive ordered one of eBay for £26 inc delivery!

Other than that i really cant think of anything else to complain about. The car is very responsive and looks sublime. Its made me enjoy driving again.

n.b: I would be posting pics but stupidly ive left my laptop cable in a friends house 20miles away and i wont get it till the weekend, so im typing this from work and have been browsing the forum from my ps3 lol. So pics next week ^_^.

Sounds great! Glad to see there's nothing you can't really sort in terms of dislikes...

Other than your height, obviously. Unless you start cutting off limbs...

Which wouldn't be very good, because they you couldn't press the press the pedals very well...

And then you couldn't drive...

So there'd be no point in having a car.

I look forward to seeing pictures at the weekend - I was about to reply saying that, then I saw your message at the bottom. :)

I may order a glove box lid off eBay myself. What is the part number, just so I get the right one?

Just type in peugeot 107 glovebox. It should bring up a light gray and dark gray varient.

I was tempted to get the darker version to set off the dash due to it being two toned, but ultimately went with the lighter.

Well as i said the lighter varient will blend in with the lower dash colour scheme. But with the main being avery dark gray i think the darker lid could set it off, orlook rather tacky, so i stuck with the existing scheme.

edit: imgoing to try and get sum pics up tomorrow i use my working hours appropriatly lol.

edit: imgoing to try and get sum pics up tomorrow i use my working hours appropriatly lol.

Haha I look forward to seeing them :)

*sigh* Finally got my laptop back and will shall have pictures up TONIGHT!~! lol

*sigh* Finally got my laptop back and will shall have pictures up TONIGHT!~! lol

Finally!

Get them up here! Or actually post them in the main forum, because I think it's only us two that know this topic exists!

Im gonna take them during my lunch hour. Ive just got some Seatbelt covers which go very well with the car, and my glovebox is due for delivery today ^_^.

Yay what seatbelt covers did you get? Can you give me a link to them?

Fantastic! It looks brilliant, and it's making me really agitated that I haven't got mine yet! Ahhhhhhhh only two or three weeks to go now!

What I've come to love more and more about the Aygo over the past few weeks, and what your photos prove, is that the little car has 'presence' - it doesn't look like a standard or boring car - like the Kia Picanto or Volkswagen Fox. The Aygo actually stands out, and I love it so much for that.

Nice seatbelt pads, too :)

Out of the 3 types available, i really do prefer the overall look of the aygo compared to the C1 etc. The other two look far too happy when you look at them face on, the aygo is just a cheeky chap who wants to have fun.

I didnt recieve the glovebox yet sadly, but ill post a pic of the interior when i get it fitted. Oh and i MUST post a pic of the smallest mudgard ive ever seen in my life. I do that when i get home hehe.

Speaking of your delivery time. When i was picking the motor up my salesperson informed me if i had ordered it a week later the waiting time would be 12-14 weeks. So be glad your getting it when you are lol.

Out of all the restyled cars, the Aygo is by far the best. The C1 looks weird and the 107 looks downright ugly.

We were quoted end of June, which isn't bad considering we ordered it on the 23rd May. I do hope it doesn't get delayed now that you've said that!

I may do that. Too late now though, garage closes at 6:00pm.

Tomorrow I shall ring!

• 2 weeks later...
And baw gawd there it is!

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

Hi Thats just what we have ordered. Can I ask you we have now had quite a bit of rain and doubtless you have washed it, any sign of leaks ?. Thanks. Geoff.

Hi. I've had my Aygo Blue since March and I love it.

I've washed it twice and we've had lots of rain - so far there has been no sign of any leaks :D

Hi. I've had my Aygo Blue since March and I love it.

I've washed it twice and we've had lots of rain - so far there has been no sign of any leaks :D

Welcome to the forums :)

I presume you have the 2009 facelift model then, what's it like?

Thank you for welcoming me to the forum.

I've got a 3 door 2009 facelift model - although as I don't know much about Aygos I'm not too sure what that means.....

It's fab! Really easy to drive and increadibly cheap to run :lol: .

It wasn't the model I was going for - I actually went in to buy an Aygo+, but they didn't have any in stock and I was able to get my Aygo Blue within a week. I'm so glad now that I got it - I love the blue trim on the dashboard and I've used the bluetooth more than I thought I would. Also couldn't have done without the Aircon during the hot spell we just had.

Coz I'd only seen old brochures I was a bit disappointed though that it didn't come with a lockable glove box - although I've seen from this site that you can get them on e-bay, so I'm just off to have a look. :D