Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris 1.4 D Noise

mela

Hi

I really like my yaris but I have something to ask is it normal the :huh: noise it does in the highway when going at 120 Km/h???

Do you think it is normal or not? :huh:

For 5 years I owned a 3-door '53 reg YARIS D-4D, and above 60 MPH you couldn't hear the radio,so your cruising speed you quoted as 75 MPH, will suppress conversation, especially if your car has lower-profile rubber than my standard 80 profiles on my T2-trim base model. ( ie built after the quality upgrade that softened the ride, etc ).

Driving on "B" roads, it was OK to use my MP3 via a KENSINGTON UNIVERSAL FM TRANSMITTER, feeding the radio, with 3 presets. ( There is a dedicated iPOD version, that charges the unit at the same time as transmitting ).

P.S., I did upgrade the Speakers slightly, by having the "Toyota Accessory Tweeters" fitted to the bottom of the windscreen "A"-pillars, they cost £44 + fitting + VaT.

Diesel = Noisy

I understand the newer version of the Yaris has extra sound proofing and is a lot quieter

mine is a 2009 d4d.

the only speeds that is noisy its 1-2 gears. after 3rd gear my car is noisiless. i can travel with speed above 100KM/H (60mph) even with speeds at 150KMH and i cant complain that is noisy. tha only thing that i hear its the wind at that speeds

All depends on what you classify as noisey Mela!

I can't remember it being a problem, or noticeably loud!

"Mela" ---- are you complaining of noise in an Aygo Black '08 reg , or a YARIS D-4D, of some age, and if so what age/trim.

The little Aygo can be expected to be quite noisy on lowish profile energy saving tyres and motorway speeds, that is why the '09 model just introduced has had a LOT of sound-deadening work done on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links