Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Motor Swaps?

TRDGT

What motors are able to be swapped into the MR2? Like could a 4g63 fit? That motor is pretty stout for a 2.0 litre.

I was just curious what other options are out there.

Like could a 4g63 fit?

Ahhhhh.....blasphemy!! :eek: putting a less superiour motor inplace of the 3sgte!!

It won't go in easy...Iv'e only ever seen it done in an AW11. The MR2 motor is mounted opposite to front engined cars. 4g63=crankwalk ;)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

:lol: after some deeper searching it seems the 3sgte with proper tuning can put down quite a bit of power. I'm still not sure how I'm going to tune the thing.

:lol: after some deeper searching it seems the 3sgte with proper tuning can put down quite a bit of power. I'm still not sure how I'm going to tune the thing.

Idealy motec......or power fc. bigger injectors, w2a intercooler, big daddy turbo, good suspension upgrade. What do you wanna use it for again??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

If you want to do a really sick swap look in to a 1MZ-FE. It is a 3.0L V6. Ive seen this swap done and to make it even better they also slapped a custom air-water cooled turbo and a supercharger on it!!!!! :eek: Tell me that isnt sick.

I plan to do both track and drag time with it as well as spirited mtn driving. I like to have the power be there while maintaining controllable levels easy enough by turning down the boost. I'm still searching for a car. I'm also looking at different cars as well in case I find a rare gem in something else. I love too many different cars out there which makes these decisions really tough.

The US go for the Camry V6 .. as you can't beat displacement ..

(and then turbo it) ..

It's about the same size as the 3sgte ..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links