Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Chip Tuning Boxes From Lindop Toyota

Parts-King

Not sure about the 2.0d4d but i know the 2.2d4d engine has extremely fine fuel tolerances which causes this pinking sound, pre-injection at max cylinder pressure.

It was exaggerated in my opinion after the last ECU flash to correct over fuelling at lower rpm's.

Firstly: I know of the kit mentioned above, it was fitted to one of the older Corolla 2.0 D4D's and whilst I know the customer had experienced this problem when first fitted, he has not contacted me since. I would openly say that if anybody was not satisfied with one of my kits for any reason, I would change it or refund it without question, we havnt been in business for over 35 years by giving a poor service

Secondly: The older D4D engines have different mapping than the newer models and can be challenging to set up correctly, one of the issues being a slight surge feeling when on very light throttle. If the customer mentioned above cares to call me, I will arrange for an engineer to fly over and sort out the mapping issue OR offer a full refund

Thirdly: The car mentioned above was a 2.0 model, it does NOT have a T180 kit on it which work completely differently than the injector boxes, I can honestly say that I have not had one single issue with ANY V2 T180 kit I have sold to date. We sell these kits all over the world, the last thing I need is to supply goods that are faulty otherwise customers would not come back to me time and time again, and the cost in shipping alone replacing faulty goods would be a killer!

Our auction site shops have 100% customer feedback, it's what we aim to do through the forums such as TOC too

PS Rick D4D The person you refer to didnt wish to be named, perhaps you would care to edit your post as you have inadvertantly included his name in the "quote" line ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS Rick D4D The person you refer to didnt wish to be named, perhaps you would care to edit your post as you have inadvertantly included his name in the "quote" line ;)

I did not this was a user who bought a box for a SR180 and we swapped many pm's on YOUR tunning box, He told me he was happy at first but after a while he was having problems etc and that he would wishes not to be named. I myself am a little suspect of the quality of these for the price and with no concrete evidence will not be going down this route but will say it seems that people are not as impressed with these as we are made out to think ;)

I think I will retire at this point, there seems little to be said for having a two way banter over what somebody might or might not have said

I can only reaffirm my point that after selling HUNDREDS of QUALITY tuning kits, our returns rate is nearly imeasurable and the fault rate is less than 1 in 250

Miles: There is no specific update for your car, however as mentioned above, I am willing to have a factory engineer take a look at your model to see if we can sort out your hesitation, please PM me so we can sort this out for you

I have no problem in defending our quality products, but I don't want to be judged on one person who might (or might not) have criticised our product. If I had spent £375 on a tuning kit, I sure as heck would have been back onto the supplier to get it sorted out, to date this custoemr hasnt been in touch with me

Rant over, I will reply to specific comments but think I have covered our position quite clearly

From my experience of over 40 years working at engines of various types there are basically only a couple of ways in which to improve the performance of a diesel engine without changing its engineering or design.

1. That is to get the engine to take in more fuel with the appropriate amount of air. As diesel engines are free air breathers only by fitting a turbo can you get more air into the engine. Yes you can tweek the fuel pressures and injectors but to compensate the turbo will have to pump more air so the turbo will have to increase it air flow and pressure. This may involve running the turbo beyond its speed rating. And any increase in pressure will be limited to the design of the air inatke system.

2. Get the engine to burn the fuel more efficiently - yes you can change the performance of the injectors but this normally involves an upgrade at some considerable cost (thus in effect changing the design).

All modern diesel designed engines are a compromise between power output, economy and reliability and wear and tear. This not only involves the design of the engine and its ancilliaries but also the ECU and it's software. Ultimately the ECU will have control of the fuel system so by fitting something in its communications links (i.e. signals to the fuel pump, injectors, etc) may result in conflict at times. In other words the ECU tells the engine to do such and such and yet it monitors the engine doing something entirely different. Conflict in this aspect can lead to the ECU constantly wanting to alter settings - this is usually evident when the engine is at cruising speed and usually manifests itself by pulsing of the fuel or turbo pressure. You get the feeling as if the engine wants to go quicker but it seems something is holding it back. Sadly neither the air inlet system or injectors take kindly to such and in some way or other is very likely to shorten their life span - often quite dramatically. I have seen similar so-callled digital processor chipping system contribute to failed injectors and fuel pumps. Yes I am most certainly in favour of improving a standard diesel engines performance but in my experience there is always a down-side mostly causing the fuel system excessive wear and tear and if you have ever had to replace a set of injectors or fuel injection components you'll know it ain't cheap.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware.:)

• 5 months later...

in other words, dont chip it and risk it. Just keep the engine stock. If you want a 200hp engine, go for a 2.0 tsi vw engine in a seat, audi, skoda or vw, like i shall be in a couple of months

• 1 month later...

have had a tuning box from lindop toyota fitted to my sr180 for nearly a year now in that time i have not had one problem in fact i took it off for aservice and couldnt wait to fit it again makes a bland engine great

have had a tuning box from lindop toyota fitted to my sr180 for nearly a year now in that time i have not had one problem in fact i took it off for aservice and couldnt wait to fit it again makes a bland engine great

So how does your MPG rate with and without the chip?

Hi Kingo, i want it too. Please let me know the cost including the shipping price. Thanks.

PM sent to you

We do a different type of kit for 1.4 models. PM me for details

Im interested in this too, anything to raise mpg

i dont honestly think it made any noticeable difference in fuel consumption but a big difference in performance auris m.p.g is crap no matter what you do i was getting in the low 60ies in my last car a2.2 diesel civic but i didnt like the handling sr180 is better idont know why its m/p/g is so poor maby someone else does

i dont honestly think it made any noticeable difference in fuel consumption but a big difference in performance auris m.p.g is crap no matter what you do i was getting in the low 60ies in my last car a2.2 diesel civic but i didnt like the handling sr180 is better idont know why its m/p/g is so poor maby someone else does

Well what MPG do you get now?

Out of interest, I've had one of Kingo's boxes on my car for about five months now and it returns a rock solid 44mpg, which is virtually indentical to the pre-fitting fuel consumption.

The performance improvement is pretty remarkable, really pi**es off BMW/Audi drivers on the M/way when they can't out-accelerate you :lol:

If anyones thinking about getting one give Kingo a call, he's a good bloke.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am interested in this product.

I own a late 2007 D-Cat Clean Power - T180 - left HD) Toyota Corolla Verso with 106 000 Km.

Could you send me some pics (product, how to install...)?

What would be the price in Euro and shipment fees for France?

I also have a friend who has the same car with just 46 000 km on the clock and some power issues at low revs. Car only start kicking in at 2000 rpm?

Would your kit help?

Kind regards

Fred

For some time we have been testing a tuning kit for our T180 range of cars

We can now confirm they are on the shelf and ready for sale!

Just a little information about the quality of our kits

As you may know all of our kits for the otherToyota models work over the injectors beacuse on the non D Cat models

the Denso rail pressure already runs very high and fitting a rail pressure kit may make the car feel a tad sharper and smoother but I challenge anyone to run their car with a rail pressure kit on a dyno against ours with the injector kit , I guarantee ours will give exactly the quoted performance or better and I would also guarantee the rail box from Ebay will not have more than about 7-9 bhp increase and sometimes not even that ! So try getting your money refunded when you have your dyno run showing 5bhp you will have no chance with an ebay trader. On the T180 most of the kits spoken about on the forum plug into the rail sensor as does ours, the problem is these cars are fitted with Piezo injectors and a particulate filter so all these tuning boxes in time will start to block the particulate filter which is very costly, increasing the fuelling on these cars which will increase smoke which the particulate filter catches but it can't cope with large amounts and

blocks up, the only way to stop this is by increasing boost pressure to force more air through the engine which keeps the filter from blocking, this is where it becomes very complicated to alter two different parameters fuelling and boost pressure at the same time , none of the kits on Ebay will do this they are not capable of it. So what you will

have in the near to medium future is lots of people ordering new particulate filters(DCats)

Also I absolutely guarantee that its not possible to get 215 bhp with a kit only connected only to the fuel rail sensor , the company we deal with in Germany tested this thoroughly and the maximum you can acheive is about 203 bhp before the car goes into limp mode , I challenge anyone to dyno their car with a cheap auction site box, I am confident they will get a shock , most probably won't even break 200 bhp Ive seen some making 185!!With the kit we supply they will produce 212 bhp and not need a particulate filter in a few months .At the end of the day you get what you pay for the reason the cheap

boxes can't run fuel and boost together is that they are not microprocessor controlled, the photos shown in the thread of a kit broken apart do show a circuit board but one just covered in resistors, even the chip shown is not a processor, this is better than some but still just glorified resistors in a box . This also would never run an injector kit as they also need a processor to carefully and accurately time the injection pulses

To place an order, send me a PM message with a phone number and I will call you, price deliverd to any UK mainland address is £375

Fred- Verso T180

PM sent ;)

The kit will smooth out the power delivery, the turbo does not spool up til about 1500 revs so you wont get full power below these revs

More details can be found on the LINDOP TOYOTA website, but PM me with your email address if you want more details

• 2 months later...

1. Your chip is a processor which regulates the injection timing as well as regulate boost? YES Boost pressure has a TINY increase, to assist the D Cat from becoming clogged

to assist the D Cat from becoming clogged

Pressure turbo raises from for the best combustion of fuel (it is formed more energy in the cylinder and therefore increases pressure in an exhaust pipe and turbo).

It is not necessary to speak to people that it is made for this purpose what FAP didn't get littered, easier not probably to leave pressure former, in general I think its change not essentially.

On my car it is closed EGR and there are no FAP how many capacities can give yours tuning box with such completions? Thanks for the answer!

I apologize for my awful English :) hi from Russia :))