Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Chip Tuning Boxes From Lindop Toyota

Parts-King

No prob , if anything id expect the Auris to be even quicker as its smaller, lighter and two wheel drive.

Got plenty in stock if required. I drove our demo car with one fitted the other day..........It gives it a very smooth power delivery

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just bumping this thread.

Has there been many takers for this product? Just after some feedback on how it has been etc?

Also are we still waiting for an Auris specific dyno graph?

Cheers.

Yes we have sold quite a few for T180 Auris, and suprisingly only a few for RAV

Yes still waiting for a specific dyno graph for Auris. This will be done as soon as our Motorsport division move into new premises and the dyno is installed. Typical property setbacks I'm afraid, solicitors dragging their feet on contracts etc, so we cant sign any equipment contracts until the property is secured. We are looking towards a September move in date

I have some testimonials from customers, and some have already been posted up on TOC, in the several years I have been selling these kits, I have only made one refund, for a guy with a 2.5 Hilux, who basically wanted the car to do something it wasnt capable of. There was nothing wrong with the kit, but he had made a bad choice of vehicle for the task in hand, I refunded him in full.

Interestingly, it is very difficult to get customers to put pen to paper and give a testimonial or review. Take a look at Dieseltunings website and see what I mean. Only 15 reviews from a company who's sole business is selling diesel tuning products, and NO Toyota reviews at all. I have now started to add a little section with the fitting instructions, asking for a review on the kit plus service received from Lindop Toyota

Has there been many takers for this product? Just after some feedback on how it has been etc?

Cheers.

Yes we have sold quite a few for T180 Auris, and suprisingly only a few for RAV

Yes still waiting for a specific dyno graph for Auris. This will be done as soon as our Motorsport division move into new premises and the dyno is installed. Typical property setbacks I'm afraid, solicitors dragging their feet on contracts etc, so we cant sign any equipment contracts until the property is secured. We are looking towards a September move in date

I have some testimonials from customers, and some have already been posted up on TOC, in the several years I have been selling these kits, I have only made one refund, for a guy with a 2.5 Hilux, who basically wanted the car to do something it wasnt capable of. There was nothing wrong with the kit, but he had made a bad choice of vehicle for the task in hand, I refunded him in full.

Interestingly, it is very difficult to get customers to put pen to paper and give a testimonial or review. Take a look at Dieseltunings website and see what I mean. Only 15 reviews from a company who's sole business is selling diesel tuning products, and NO Toyota reviews at all. I have now started to add a little section with the fitting instructions, asking for a review on the kit plus service received from Lindop Toyota

Hi Kingo

Do you do a box for my little 1.4 d-4-d engine in my auris?

Thanks ,

Gearoid

Yes I do Gearoid, will price it with the other bits n pieces you are after on Monday ;)

Hi Kingo, i want it too. Please let me know the cost including the shipping price. Thanks.

Just a quick one for parts king - does your chip work in the same way as the spider one does - http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/spider.html

Fact is its not like any other boxes shown on the forum, ours uses a multi channel processor which can control several engine functions at the same time and all independent of each other . In this case we control fuelling via the fuel rail and turbo boost pressure as well which gives better performance whilst the extra turbo pressure forces more air through the engine to cut down additional emissions and prevent the d cat from becoming blocked . To produce multi channel technology costs significantly more than the simple single channel boxes most companies use . Another good method to tune this engine is over the injectors however these cars use special piezo high voltage injectors and to produce a box for systems like this is very expensive and complex. We can supply them but the cost would be around double or that of the current box with performance gains similar to the current box so we felt that there would be no demand for the injector type . Hope this helps

Hi Kingo, i want it too. Please let me know the cost including the shipping price. Thanks.

PM sent to you

We do a different type of kit for 1.4 models. PM me for details

Just a quick one for parts king - does your chip work in the same way as the spider one does - http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/spider.html

Fact is its not like any other boxes shown on the forum, ours uses a multi channel processor which can control several engine functions at the same time and all independent of each other . In this case we control fuelling via the fuel rail and turbo boost pressure as well which gives better performance whilst the extra turbo pressure forces more air through the engine to cut down additional emissions and prevent the d cat from becoming blocked . To produce multi channel technology costs significantly more than the simple single channel boxes most companies use . Another good method to tune this engine is over the injectors however these cars use special piezo high voltage injectors and to produce a box for systems like this is very expensive and complex. We can supply them but the cost would be around double or that of the current box with performance gains similar to the current box so we felt that there would be no demand for the injector type . Hope this helps

Do you know why this box claims to get it to 215BHP and 470nm of torque? Or do you think thats false advertising? Just with the figures being so close to the box you sell thought it may have worked in the same way, unlike say the tunit box which only claims increase up to 200bhp? see here http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/toyota-diesel-tuning.html

The manufacturers can turn up or lower the power on their kits as they see fit. We don't get ours boosted to the max because it is likely to cause black smoking. Our kits are tuned to give optimum performance, smoother power delivery AND depending how you drive the vehicle, improved fuel efficiency

Kingo,

I am quite serious about getting your "box" (was very happy with my chipped TDI!), but just have a couple of questions:

1 - can it have any long-term effects on the engine, e.g. fuel pump wear, engine overheating, etc. I don't think I will be driving my Rav in five years, but would like to know what risks would I cause for the new owner?

2 - does your box improve engine performance in 1.000-2.000rpm range, because this is where the engine is extremely lazy and needs to be more responsive!

3 - can it have any effect on EGR valve, its maintenance and operation?

4 - the following will be a beginner question, apologies:) : what is the relation between the performance of the box and ECU software version, because Toyota is updating ECU software and reinstalling it into vehicles during service checks (that happened with my RAV). Can it happen that with the improved/optimised ECU software from Toyota a year later your box will much less effective? If you have any description of what your device does exactly, it would be very much appreciated if you could post it!

5 - is it also a good idea to install a better air filter, e.g. K&N?

Thank you!

Kingo,

I am quite serious about getting your "box" (was very happy with my chipped TDI!), but just have a couple of questions:

1 - can it have any long-term effects on the engine, e.g. fuel pump wear, engine overheating, etc. I don't think I will be driving my Rav in five years, but would like to know what risks would I cause for the new owner?

2 - does your box improve engine performance in 1.000-2.000rpm range, because this is where the engine is extremely lazy and needs to be more responsive!

3 - can it have any effect on EGR valve, its maintenance and operation?

4 - the following will be a beginner question, apologies:) : what is the relation between the performance of the box and ECU software version, because Toyota is updating ECU software and reinstalling it into vehicles during service checks (that happened with my RAV). Can it happen that with the improved/optimised ECU software from Toyota a year later your box will much less effective? If you have any description of what your device does exactly, it would be very much appreciated if you could post it!

5 - is it also a good idea to install a better air filter, e.g. K&N?

Thank you!

Hi Tomasandfilm

Q1. 1 - can it have any long-term effects on the engine, e.g. fuel pump wear, engine overheating, etc. I don't think I will be driving my Rav in five years, but would like to know what risks would I cause for the new owner?

A1. Simple answer is no , the kits we supply are thoroughly tested and most carry the highly regarded German T.U.V approval , this means they are government tested to ensure that they comply with the strict German emissions laws , we have been selling these kits for years now and have never had any damage whatsoever caused to any vehicle , our kits are mapped for smooth power delivery(no sudden surges) and do not over-ride the manufacturers safety limits . These kits will not lessen the longevity of the engine , in fact the extra low rev performance means less high revving (which is better for the engine), fewer gear changes and if driven properly better fuel economy.

Q2.does your box improve engine performance in 1.000-2.000rpm range, because this is where the engine is extremely lazy and needs to be more responsive!

A2. The kit will start to work around 1500-1700 rpm once the turbo starts to spin , adding more fuel before the turbo is spinning causes smoke which is death to the D Cat(particulate filter) in the medium to long term as it will become blocked. Also as you correctly point out there is a software update for 177 D Cat engines to improve low down pick up , our kits will work with either updated or non updated cars and will offer the same performance figures on both.

Q3.can it have any effect on EGR valve, its maintenance and operation?

A3. No , again these can be affected by excessive smoke/carbon which our kit will not produce.

Q4.4 - the following will be a beginner question, apologies:) : what is the relation between the performance of the box and ECU software version, because Toyota is updating ECU software and reinstalling it into vehicles during service checks (that happened with my RAV). Can it happen that with the improved/optimised ECU software from Toyota a year later your box will much less effective? If you have any description of what your device does exactly, it would be very much appreciated if you could post it!

A4. Answered mainly in answer 2 , our kit controls both fuelling and turbo pressure , increasing turbo pressure by a small amount helps performance and increases airflow through the engine and exhaust preventing smoke and so keeping the D Cat from clogging.

Q5.is it also a good idea to install a better air filter, e.g. K&N?

A5. Anything that improves air flow is good , but don't fit the cone type which draws air in from the engine compartment as this is warm air which actually lessens the performance of the turbo which needs cold air to perform best (hence the use of intercoolers). Cold air induction kits are good or possibly performance filter replacement for your existing panel filter(fits into the existing airbox).

Hi Kingo,

Thanks for the answer.

Please email me information about ordering the "box" to totomask@gmail.com

Do you also sell K&N panel filters that would fit Rav4.3 D-Cat? If so, I would like to get one as well.

Thanks again.

Sorry Tomas, we dont do the K&N filters

Info on banking TT details will be sent to you later

• 2 months later...

Cheers.

Also interested in this chip but want to see more feedback and evidence of how good it is

Not an Auris, but see my review of the T180 tuning kit here.

Our dyno was delayed but we will have it running in about 3 weeks or so, I will be posting up specific graphs when I can

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no answer if anybody has fitted a Lindop box yet Also no graphs from Parts King for an Auris 180. Make me wonder if the £400 is to much to ask ??????

Still no answer if anybody has fitted a Lindop box yet Also no graphs from Parts King for an Auris 180. Make me wonder if the £400 is to much to ask ??????

We have sold plenty of the T180 kits, they also fit new model Avensis diesels with Piezzo injectors, one of the guys on here has written an excellent review

CHIP KIT REVIEW

£400is a lot of money, however I do know our kits work, unlike some of the other companies that claim their kits will fit T180 models. I offer a full 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like the kit (less shipping) so you can buy from me with confidence

I don't have an Auris graph at the moment as I don't have an Auris T180/ SR180 to fit one to, but as soon as I get one I will post up a graph

We have sold plenty of the T180 kits, they also fit new model Avensis diesels with Piezzo injectors, one of the guys on here has written an excellent review

CHIP KIT REVIEW

£400is a lot of money, however I do know our kits work, unlike some of the other companies that claim their kits will fit T180 models. I offer a full 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like the kit (less shipping) so you can buy from me with confidence

I don't have an Auris graph at the moment as I don't have an Auris T180/ SR180 to fit one to, but as soon as I get one I will post up a graph

Has anyone carried out independent dyno tests before and after fitting these chips and if fitted is it likely to affect your insurance.:)

CHIP KIT REVIEW

Has anyone carried out independent dyno tests before and after fitting these chips and if fitted is it likely to affect your insurance.:)

It does not look as though there are any dyno/rr graphs available as yet for an SR180 with one of thse on, and "YES" fitting will affect your insurance, and not to tell your insurance company would just be asking for trouble in the event of an accident where the car was inspected.

The terms of your insurance clearly state that anything that has an effect on the performace of the car must be notified to them.

I have one of these chips from 'kingo' and have been mainly happy with it.... I travel 700 miles in a weekend and i do notice the fuel saving, on average i save about £5 a tank... and i'm what some people would call heavy footed... the only issue i have with the kit is when cruising at 50-60mph you get a shaking sensation throughout the car as if the injectors are wanting to open up but you not putting your foot down...

so just a quick one for you kingo... has this German company rectified this issue with the injectors constantly trying to open and if so is there any chance of trying the newer chip... i believe i currently have the mk2 chip?

Regards,

Miles

the only issue i have with the kit is when cruising at 50-60mph you get a shaking sensation throughout the car as if the injectors are wanting to open up but you not putting your foot down...

so just a quick one for you kingo... has this German company rectified this issue with the injectors constantly trying to open and if so is there any chance of trying the newer chip... i believe i currently have the mk2 chip?

Regards,

Miles

So here it is the first public posted problem with John chip :huh: not as good as made out to be and John never mention this when I asked questions 2 weeks ago http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...t=0&start=0, I am so glad I took the advice of the user (does not wish to be named) told me through pm's about this chip ;)

the only issue i have with the kit is when cruising at 50-60mph you get a shaking sensation throughout the car as if the injectors are wanting to open up but you not putting your foot down...

Regards,

Miles

So here it is the first public posted problem with John's chip :huh: not as good as made out to be and John never mention this when I asked questions 2 weeks ago http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...t=0&start=0, I am so glad I took the advice of the user (does not wish to be named) told me through pm's about this chip ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links