Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap

bjg1990

i want a new engine for my yaris mk1 02 but dont know what engines fit or where to start was thinking starlet gt turbo 1.3 but i dont know.

i want it to fit baisicly straight in on the mounts that are there.

can any1 help.

thanx samantha

It is NOT simple: think electronics, suspension and brakes..

And insurance.

Better buy a T Sport.

It is NOT simple: think electronics, suspension and brakes..

And insurance.

Better buy a T Sport.

yes but would the enginme fit? thats all i need 2 knw

I believe it will;

Do an advanced search for Yaris +Starlet +Engine

You'll find a link to a company who will do it for 3,200 Euro; bargain.

Or you could just buy a Starlet.

there is nothing that will bolt straight in unless you fit the same engine as already fitted!.

any conversion will require custom bits making and wiring modification. my advice is that if you dont have the knowledge or skills required to make the custom components or the money to pay someone who has then dont bother. all youll do is start it and then get fed up and sell it making a huge loss.

as already mentioned you WILL need to uprate suspension and brakes.

sorry if this seems harsh but i see so many people who want to do a conversion themselves but have no idea how to go on. if you need to ask for a virtual step by step then you shouldnt be doing it. :thumbsup:

i want a new engine for my yaris mk1 02 but dont know what engines fit or where to start was thinking starlet gt turbo 1.3 but i dont know.

can any1 help.

thanx samantha

If i wanted that engine so badly, i would just buy a starlet turbo!

It would be cheaper to do this than customise a standard Yaris.

That's not to say it can't be done though.

If you want a quicker Yaris, why not just spend on uprating it first as mentioned and then have it turbo'd or charged?

Good luck. ;)

It's been done :thumbsup: From reading some info it fits and the only mod that needs to be done is the rear transmission mount & wiring in new engine loom. Probably worth having a word with someone like Fensport as to what's fully entailed in the swap.

Other half has a EP82 and I certainly wouldn't say no to that power in my Vitz ....though I probably would end up killing myself :rolleyes:

It's been done :thumbsup: From reading some info it fits and the only mod that needs to be done is the rear transmission mount & wiring in new engine loom. Probably worth having a word with someone like Fensport as to what's fully entailed in the swap.

Other half has a EP82 and I certainly wouldn't say no to that power in my Vitz ....though I probably would end up killing myself :rolleyes:

where did you read it is there a site u can forward to me?

Dont bother, either mod your current engine or buy a faster car, complete waste of time and money swapping the engine.

I dont do it anymore but i have spend 000's on cars in the past (£7k on a VR6 golf Mk3, £3k on a fiat Cinq sporting......and so on, you get the idea, i didnt used to muck about....). I always found the best thing to do was improve what was already there.

I would suggest that boring your current engine (if its possible - no idea, never looked into modding the yaris), adding a turbo, building a custom intake, adding nitros, sorting the suspension and brakes and doing some strengthening to the chassis is a far better use of money, either that or buy a faster car........

Good luck with whatever you decide though, dont listen to us......I never used to listen to anyone except myself!

• 14 years later...
On 6/8/2009 at 3:50 PM, bjg1990 said:

can any1 help.

thanx samantha

Hi you can put different engine but you need to change all the ecu and wiring loom , 

Just say  1999 to 2003 toyota yaris there 3 model cars 

GS that 1.0,

GLS 1.0 to 1.3 AND CDX 1.3  all got different engine numbers and if you what to put 1.3 in GS 1.0 you need to change all the wiring and ecu electric 😉 

Because am  planning to change 2006 toyota yaris m2  3 cylinder engine into 4 cylinder toyota yaris mk2 1.3 engine and gearbox also need  to change all the ecu electric and wiring loom .

Well do that myself and you have to change it on v5 to 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links