Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compatable Rear Diff/axles For Uk 99 2.4td Dcab Mk4 Manual Hilux

AidanC

Hello All

its my first post so hello to you all! bought a 99 reg (T) Uk toyota hilux mk4 dcab 2.4td this time 2 years ago an have done bits and pieces uprating springs/shocks etc but its been pretty bullet proof until this....

i realised my rear diff was leaking oil...after investigation it had correded away just on the inner side of the crown wheel cover, of course the dilema as you all know is the diff pan is an inherant part of the axle, i've tried draining, flushing and welding the diff but theres just no way to achieve an oil seal. A new diff is £600 from toyota which just isnt worth it. i keep being told this is unheard of but its certainly happened here? any idea's?

mainly i need to know what other diffs/axle's are compatable from the 4runner/surf/mk3/mk4/mk5 range if any? i assume a single cab mk4 diff and dcab will be the same but other than that i'm stumped?

does anyone have one or who who might? i would take the whiole axle as the hub seals on the one i have have been botched by the previous owner and arnt very tight so i would love a whole new axle with hubs etc included

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Aidan

Hello All

its my first post so hello to you all! bought a 99 reg (T) Uk toyota hilux mk4 dcab 2.4td this time 2 years ago an have done bits and pieces uprating springs/shocks etc but its been pretty bullet proof until this....

i realised my rear diff was leaking oil...after investigation it had correded away just on the inner side of the crown wheel cover, of course the dilema as you all know is the diff pan is an inherant part of the axle, i've tried draining, flushing and welding the diff but theres just no way to achieve an oil seal. A new diff is £600 from toyota which just isnt worth it. i keep being told this is unheard of but its certainly happened here? any idea's?

mainly i need to know what other diffs/axle's are compatable from the 4runner/surf/mk3/mk4/mk5 range if any? i assume a single cab mk4 diff and dcab will be the same but other than that i'm stumped?

does anyone have one or who who might? i would take the whiole axle as the hub seals on the one i have have been botched by the previous owner and arnt very tight so i would love a whole new axle with hubs etc included

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Aidan

get yourself on here mate wealth of knowledge http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links