Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Put Fake Badges On Your Car?

ewen1605

By "fake badges", I'm referring to the cheap plastic, chrome-effect badges that you find on eBay and in Poundland - the ones that say "turbo" and "sport".

Do you stick them onto your cars to make them look awesome and amazing?

This is what the right-hand side of our Micra looks like:

(People actually ask if it's really got a turbo. Ahhh the joys of fake plastic badging)

DSC_0247.JPG

The trend looks set to stick, and look what I've bought for the Aygo...

DSC_0251.JPG

We may never use the silly flames - but they were so cheap it doesn't really matter.

Oh, but I think the V6 Badge will make its way on there. I'm sure someone's got one that says V8 on here... I'm jealous :D

Im trying the find the addon for the toyota symbol that makes it into a "devil"esque design.

Im trying the find the addon for the toyota symbol that makes it into a "devil"esque design.

I tried. I failed.

If you find the addon, let me know :D

V6...?

Is that the number of valves in the radio? :lol:

:D

The engine is halfway there, with its modest three cylinders WOO

I'm put the V6 Badge from my Camry on the back....oh I can but dream. :D

No... because IMO it looks tacky.... if I wanted a Sport/Turbo edition of x car, I'd buy one originally, not stick a Badge on a bog standard version....

The only Badge I've ever had on any car are the ones they come with as standard (because I'm not ashamed of the spec I've bought) and the only additions are the little devil horns.... just because they're a bit of fun and they were on my Yaris, not the Aygo... which is about as turbo as Susan Boyle.... why advertise something it's quite clearly (as an Aygo) not....??

Just would never do it personally....

I love those devil horns. Don't know if red good on a bright blue car though :)

I seem to remember a few years back when Skoda were doing very well at the rallies people were buying the sports version and removing the extra badges so it looked like the basic model, and then burning people off at the lights etc.

lol no they look awful. If you have a really sh*t car and put a v6 Badge on it, then that would be funny, but if you did it to a new Aygo, then its a bit embarassing

lol no they look awful. If you have a really sh*t car and put a v6 badge on it, then that would be funny, but if you did it to a new Aygo, then its a bit embarassing

So you don't like SJ's 'V8' Badge then? :lol:

V8.jpg

No... because IMO it looks tacky.... if I wanted a Sport/Turbo edition of x car, I'd buy one originally, not stick a badge on a bog standard version....

I'll second that.

Just looks wrong.

And, interesting point, one of the Insurance companies I deal with class "badges denoting increased performance" as a modification, which they decline.

I can see the logic, just laugh at the implication!

Love SJ's :lol:

To be honest it all depends on whether it's done 'tongue in cheek' or not .. if some kid wants to put 'turbo' etc on his Saxo then it gives the rest of us something to chuckle about :thumbsup:

Then you get others who re-badge their UK car to the Jap version e.g. MX5 to Eunos & Yaris to Vitz - that does 'p' me off, not quite sure why (maybe unhinged) but it does :blush:

I always giggle when i see "Opels" around. Exact same car as a Vauxhall, but it just sounds silly.

I always giggle when i see "Opels" around. Exact same car as a Vauxhall, but it just sounds silly.

Sounds more exotic though! Those Opels are usually cheap imports flogged at car supermarkets. 'Motorpoint' or similar on the number plate is a dead giveaway.

The use of in appropriate badges is a hot topic on the BMW forums, especially the application of M/// badges on non-M powered cars. I have seen a couple of examples in Galway where some prat put an M3 Badge on the back of his three series saloon. Quite obvious he doesn't have a clue, but I guess people like me who sneer at fools like this are just being snobby.

What the HELL Are you talking about............Mine ACTUALLY HAS A V8!!!!

:lol::lol:

The V8 legend :D

DSC_0239.jpg

Mine was an longstanding insideish joke that when people asked what car I had, I always said a V8 Aygo, test their reaction and well before Santa Pod trip I was trying to 'pysche' my opponent out by 'fitting' a V8! It was all clearly a joke! And I just havent taken it off yet as it makes me smile and think of the pod when I see it, and watching people point at it in the rear view mirror!! I say its OBVIOUSLY a joke but apparently people were overheard at the pod saying 'i ain't racing that if it has a V8' :lol2: And people trying to 'race' me on the roads has certainly increased.

I dont take my car or myself too seriously, I probably wouldn't fit anything that was an attempt to pretend to be something it wasnt, don't really see the point. You will only get shown up when its forced to prove it.

I do also like my devil horns to :D

DSC_0234.jpg

STICKERS FTW :lol:

SJx

I've put one of those standard D4D badges on the wings even though the engine is a peugeot/citroen sourced HDi. The diesel Aygo is turbo charged, but it is a little vulgar to have such a Badge. TRD badges always look nice though

You can get lots of cool badges from cars at the scrap yard if you have a keen eye

I have placed a genuine Toyota Badge (RED from a Celica Red edition) in front of my YARIS Badge on my rear hatch.

It now reads "RED YARIS"...............which is my forum name.

Just a little bit of "personalisation"

Just got TTE badges on mine, because of the TTE body kit parts fitted, only other Badge on there is my I love my Aygo sticker aand the club sticker.

I have placed a genuine Toyota badge (RED from a Celica Red edition) in front of my YARIS badge on my rear hatch.

It now reads "RED YARIS"...............which is my forum name.

Just a little bit of "personalisation"

Clever ;)

Was tempted to get a VVT-i Badge for the Aygo - dunno, guess VVT-i sounds awesome. Wooooo :)

I thought they already came with a VVT-i Badge on the back, or is that the sides? :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links