Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing The Company Golf!

sewelly

Morning!

Looks like ill be replacing my company car come September. Looking for some ideas of what to buy. Have around 8k and looking for something reliable but fun as i still have to use it for business.

Was thinking about a Vauxhall Vx220 or BMW 330 Cabriolaite.

What do you think of the above and have you any ideas?

Cheers

If you are getting a 3 series don't get a wendyhouse!

What are the limitations on company cars? Most companys require at least back seats, usually a saloon.

Ahhh sorry im replacing the company car with my own and getting a car allowance instead. So have free reign on what I can have.

BMW Wendy house?? Youve lost me there?

So you're asking on a Toyota site about Vauxhall & BMW? :wacko:

:lol:

If your coming out of a company car and going on to cash allowance, which scheme are they going to reimburse your business mileage at? If its the AMAP rates at 40p per mile for the first 10k 25p for each one over 10,000 then get a gas guzzling beast :lol: ;)

If its 10/11p then be careful, Wendyhouse is a Convertible or in the trucking world a Volvo FL10 ;)

If your coming out of a company car and going on to cash allowance, which scheme are they going to reimburse your business mileage at? If its the AMAP rates at 40p per mile for the first 10k 25p for each one over 10,000 then get a gas guzzling beast :lol: ;)

If its 10/11p then be careful, Wendyhouse is a Convertible or in the trucking world a Volvo FL10 ;)

Yeah its the AMAP rates so 40p a mile, and wont be doing over 10k so looking for something to increase my carbon foot print alittle, after 2 years sensiable driving in a diesel.

What about a Vx220 then?

ps I know im on a toyota site asking about other car makes but im sure people have views on them! Rant over ha!

VX220 is great on a track but back in normal life it would be to hard/noisey!

I would get something like a bit more usable all round, like a Corolla Compressor or similiar hot hatch, a nice 330i Beemer would be a nice stealthy car, personally a VX220 is just to compromised for normal life, i would be worried about a foreign wagon squashing me on the motorway :lol: ;)

No experience of the VX220 however a friend had an Elise, which is obviously very similar and it was really difficult to get in and out of, plus not really practical...

I'd go for neither to be honest.... but then I have an Aygo.... so speed, agility and looking good behind the wheel don't register highly on my list of "car must haves" :lol:

A BMW if you must.... but not a 3-series cabriolet.... 330i coupe a viable alternative?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links