Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Eta On Sat Nav

malb

I have an Avensis T4 with full colour Sat Nav. Problem is I cannot work out how to use the elctronic traffic avoidance feature. The manual is no help, and I cannot find it by going through the menus.

I am now thinking maybe it isnt installed or whatever. Shouldnt ETA be standard on the T4 - or is it an optional?

Thanks in advance for any help - this is my first ever Toyota and it beats all other cars I've ha hands down!

:help:

• 1 month later...

I also have full sat nav. Couldn't find traffic avoidance system. When I asked the garage that sold it to me, they could not understand why it wasn't working. When they checked they found that the system will re-route, but does not have traffic avoidance.

Looking at the specs of your cars you are both in the UK. (T4 is an UK only designation AFAIK).

I know that the traffic avoidance is not available on some markets. It may be something to do with the DVD loaded in the system. I had understood that the UK spec cars were fitted with it. Doesn't it need information from ClassicFM to work? or am I getting mixed up?

Is there a serial number on the DVD, or a model number on the unit that might give us a clue?

I have my Tspirit with full colour Sat Nat on order. Its my understanding the Full colour version does not have ETA, it is only available on the standard turn by turn version.

Thats what a dealer told me anyway. :-(

Redordead is right. The ETA is only available on models fitted with the turn by turn system (TNS200 or TNS300). It is not an option for the full colour sat nav.

Seems bizarre to have ETA with the "lesser" sat nav system, but getting these systems (made by different companies) to talk to each other reliably is hard.

Having used both, I'd say the full-colour map is better overall. A big benefit is that you can see the map as you drive. That means you can see other roads nearby that might help you by-pass a jam, so you can do your own re-route in the safety of knowing the system will get you to where you want to go no matter how often you turn off the suggested route.

Toyota PR

• 4 months later...

My Avensis T4 has the basic turn-by-turn TNS 300 Sat Nav with a European DVD supplied as standard, which is nice.

Even though the car is 4 weeks old, the TNS 300 was unaware of some new French motorways & D roads.

Is there a scheme available whereby you can pay an annual subscription & get updates when available?

The unhelpful Toyota helpline told me I had to buy a new disk from scratch every time @ £400, and could not sive me a timetable when the DVD is updated. :crutchy:

I have the full screen sat nav in my Avensis Verso and I am not sure if it is made by the same company as the one in the Avensis (Denso Australia http://www.denso.com.au/dw/satnav/satnav_gen.htm) but I noticed that the TA feature is dependant on the availability of Classic FM (sometimes BBC Radio 2).

I also found that I have to have the radio switched on for it to work. When the radio is switched off, my TA function shows no service until I turn it on.

• 2 weeks later...

"according to Some magzine reviews I have read, I understand the TNS300 ETA recieves Info even when the car is off?"

I understand that the TNS300 has another tuner for ETA on top of the DVD unit - it can be seen when looking at the unit under the passenger seat on my T4.

Stevie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links