Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Facelift Leaks

macamx

Hi,

Have ordered a Blue And hope to take delivery in a few weeks, just a little concerned by the reports of "leaking" cars on this forum.

Is there a definitive answer to the question:- Are the latest cars leak free ?.

Probably being a little "twitchy" as I had a problematic Smart ( I know, I know) last year and it was very difficult to resolve once I had taken delivery.

Geoff. :unsure:

Geoff.... my daughter has an Aygo that leaked and was cured of the problem. I hope, when the new secondary seals were fitted.

I was in the showroom just a couple of weeks ago and looked at a new Aygo and this did not appear to have the secondary seals fitted so I am not convinced the leaks will have been cured on new cars. I guess it will be a case of wait and see when there are more 2009 Aygos running about. Still the new seals are quickly fitted and at least Toyota are fully aware of the problem.

This topic has been brought up before, and the answer is that no-one has had a leaking problem with the 2009 facelift model yet.

As Phoenix puts it, we have to wait and see whether problems arise - it doesn't help that the weather's been good I suppose!

I too am waiting for my Aygo Blue, so here's hoping my doesn't have a leaking problem!

I don't understand the hysteria people have with this problem. if it is a new car and it leaks - get the Dealer to fix it and mention you are considering rejecting the car. Understand your consumer rights and know how to talk to your Dealer to ensure they take you seriously.

IF my brand new Aygo leaks - or has any other problem - then I will deal with it then. Why are people so worried?

You are totally right and as long as everybody play's the game then there is no problem, however if you have had an experience similar to the one that I had with a Merc. dealer over a Smart then you will know that things can get quite difficult. When I collect my Aygo I will be checking it over in great detail before I do any paperwork and if I have any concerns they will be addressed there and then or I will walk away. Once Bitten.

Geoff.

I don't understand the hysteria people have with this problem. if it is a new car and it leaks - get the Dealer to fix it and mention you are considering rejecting the car. Understand your consumer rights and know how to talk to your Dealer to ensure they take you seriously.

IF my brand new Aygo leaks - or has any other problem - then I will deal with it then. Why are people so worried?

I suggest it is far from being, as you call it, hysteria :o

Buyers of new cars want a hassle free experience and don't want to keep taking the car back to the dealer.

I don't think people are 'worried' I think they are simply concerned that a long standing and well know problem may not have yet been sorted out :huh:

I certainly hope you never have to try it out..........hysteria doesn't come in to the equation, try booking time from work, a 30 mile round trip to Mr T, paying for the insurance waiver for a courtesy car, being called a liar, time after time, checking your car for leakage every day. Knowing your rights and then putting them into practice is different.

PS '09 models leak too..........wait for the posts

No, it isn't difficult. It is about confidence and knowledge.

Confidence in speaking to people in a way that they take you seriously and having knowledge of consumer law and the experience of other drives (like this forum) to back you up. IMHO it all comes down to ones approach. If I have encountered a problem, I have spoken to the Dealership and made it their problem...not mine. Their job to fix it or I will be taking the matter further. Their product, their responsibility, their job.

We have excellent consumer protection laws in this Country and people need to use them.

I respectfully suggest that if you have to take your car back to the Dealer more than once, then there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in the correct fashion.

You are totally right and as long as everybody play's the game then there is no problem, however if you have had an experience similar to the one that I had with a Merc. dealer over a Smart then you will know that things can get quite difficult. When I collect my Aygo I will be checking it over in great detail before I do any paperwork and if I have any concerns they will be addressed there and then or I will walk away. Once Bitten.

Geoff.

You are absolutely right. It is a problem that is not solved easier. After you buy a car things get complicated and it is not the same when people buy a new shirt . We are always loosing money , it doesn't matter the car car business you make. They (selllers) find always a way to win.

I too have a new facelift AYGO on order. In fact it is bought and payed for and is being delivered to my house on the June 18th [two days to go].

I have also just bought a new facelift Hilux Hl3 3.0 which I have now had for nearly two weeks. The new Hilux replaces my 2008 Hilux Hl3 3.0.

In all my dealings with my Dealer over the last fourteen months, having bought three new vehicles from them and had warranty work done on the 08 Hilux, I have to say they have been absolutely marvelous. Nothing has been too much trouble. The service department has been the best I have ever dealt with [compared to other marques].

When my 08 Hilux had clutch judder when new, they fell over themselves to put it right and at my covenience.

Also after breaking the windscreen on the motorway and having it replaced, the Hilux developed a rattle which seemed to come from the dash. Not only did the Toyota dealer find and fix the rattle in one try [ IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE HEADLINING ], despite it being caused by the fitting of the new windscreen by the insurers, the Toyota dealer still fixed the problem under warranty.

I can understand anyone used to Mercedes dealers being a bit nervous of warranty issues, I had the same trouble with the Land Rover dealer. But there is no need to worry. The Toyota dealers seem to have a different ethos to the rest.

I know from experience that even if the new AYGO did leak, the Toyota dealer in Chesterfield that I use would sort it out promptly and without any fuss.

By the way, if you want a vehicle that will almost certainly rain in, buy a Land Rover Defender, and when you take it back to the Land Rover dealership to complain, they laugh and say "It's a Lnad Rover, what do you expect?"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links