Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 3 Prius Turns Up At My House

Habu

This morning the new Gen 3 Prius arrived at my house bang on 10:00 as promised. At the wheel were the infectiously enthusiastic Simon and Alex from Toyota GB and the Today Tomorrow Blog. I took the car out for an extensive trip into the Yorkshire Dales and was delighted with the quality, smoothness, quietness and all round toys...and this is from someone on his 2nd Prius.

I've done a small write up on: http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-p...html#post875307

Thanks to Toyota GB and especially Simon and Alex.

Couple of piccies:

010.jpg

013.jpg

I'm not jealous one little bit :crybaby:

You lucky guy, how did that come about?

I wonder if any of the dealers in the south will get any in before Aug 1st?

Really pleased the ride is good on the 17" wheels. I really can' undertand why they went with 15's on the other models, why not 16's?? It's only about 2MPG worse with the 17's, so I would guess the 16's would only be about 1 MPG worse than the 15's..... I guess they have their reasons :blink:

Thanks again for the pics and mini write up on PC

I'm not jealous one little bit :crybaby:

You lucky guy, how did that come about?

I wonder if any of the dealers in the south will get any in before Aug 1st?

Really pleased the ride is good on the 17" wheels. I really can' undertand why they went with 15's on the other models, why not 16's?? It's only about 2MPG worse with the 17's, so I would guess the 16's would only be about 1 MPG worse than the 15's..... I guess they have their reasons :blink:

Thanks again for the pics and mini write up on PC

Hi Steppy. My Centre didn't get the car in. It was Simon & Alex from Toyota GB who brought the car to me - like they've done with a few other people on their epic UK road trip ooop north. I/we took the Prius to the local Centre to show the car off to them as they won't get a car until they're launched.

Does anyone know how many Gen 3 Prius are in the UK at the moment? When I spoke to the reps at Bullring this week with the Prius on display, they said it's the "only" one in the UK, obviously that isn't the case.

Not being picky, just curious.

Edit: Spent a few mins reading the Toyota blog, about 20 in the UK.

Does anyone know how many Gen 3 Prius are in the UK at the moment? When I spoke to the reps at Bullring this week with the Prius on display, they said it's the "only" one in the UK, obviously that isn't the case.

Not being picky, just curious.

Edit: Spent a few mins reading the Toyota blog, about 20 in the UK.

I'll second that. They told me the same. The company I work for was told by Toyota UK that cars may be delivered (to end users) before the end of July. If there are 20 in the UK, does this mean that they will be used as demonstrators soon?