Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Spoiler Question?

Rob-D4D

Hi i'm looking for a roof spoiler for my Black 56 plate Corolla D4D T3. Can anyone tell me what the difference is, if any between the TTE roof spoiler and the one that's fitted to the T-Sport. Or if anyone has one for sale ;) let me know thanks.

Same Spoiler. :)

Don't know anyone selling one though, sorry!

Same Spoiler. :)

Don't know anyone selling one though, sorry!

Thanks for the quick reply!

The other idea I had was to fit an Auris T180 spoiler to my Corolla as they are quite a nice looking spoiler. Has anyone on here tried this? There's loads of T180's in the car park at work and looking at them it seems like it could be done just wondered if someone had already.

I bought a replica TTE spoiler off eBay for about 70 quid. I had to paint it myself though. It fit OK too.

CorollaStJamespark-1.jpg

• Like 1

@Vince M

how did you fit the spoiler? i contacted the seller on eBay and he said you have to glue it on...and i dont think that is a good idea lol he did say bolts and screws are provided for you to drill your own holes in boot wing...so what did you do? cos im thinkin of getting the spoiler off eBay. thanks

The T-Sport ones are just bonded one.

Some mebers who have removed them to fit different spoilers had to get bodyshops to remove it, and it had to be broken in many areas to get it off.

Pretty well stuck on!

@Vince M

how did you fit the spoiler? i contacted the seller on ebay and he said you have to glue it on...and i dont think that is a good idea lol he did say bolts and screws are provided for you to drill your own holes in boot wing...so what did you do? cos im thinkin of getting the spoiler off ebay. thanks

I bolted mine on with a bead of black silicone for good measure.

You need to remove the plastic surround from the high level brake light and drill through the tailgate for the mounting bolts.

Measure lots of times before drilling, offering up the spoiler to triple check then paint to rim of the holes with Hammerite to prevent rusting.

@Vince M

how did you fit the spoiler? i contacted the seller on ebay and he said you have to glue it on...and i dont think that is a good idea lol he did say bolts and screws are provided for you to drill your own holes in boot wing...so what did you do? cos im thinkin of getting the spoiler off ebay. thanks

I bolted mine on with a bead of black silicone for good measure.

You need to remove the plastic surround from the high level brake light and drill through the tailgate for the mounting bolts.

Measure lots of times before drilling, offering up the spoiler to triple check then paint to rim of the holes with Hammerite to prevent rusting.

cheers thanks :thumbsup:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim.aspx?menuitem=1

Go here, click 'Search AIM' and put in the following:

Vehicle: Corolla

Kata Extract: E12

Generation: Any

Category: Installation Manual

Accessory Group: Spoiler

Then Search and view the third install manual, that shows the TTE method.

@Vince W: what rims do you have on tht Corolla, they look nice ;)

@Vince W: what rims do you have on tht Corolla, they look nice ;)

Thanks, they're 7X17" Wolfrace/Asia-tec, Triads. I bought a wheel/tyre package off eBay. I think it was 370 quid for the four including wheels nuts and centre caps.

I've sold the car now.

The T-Sport ones are just bonded one.

Some mebers who have removed them to fit different spoilers had to get bodyshops to remove it, and it had to be broken in many areas to get it off.

Pretty well stuck on!

Ah right thanks for the help. I know that when all the T-Sports left the factory they didn't have the spoilers fitted to them, they were fitted at the dealerships not on the production line. Also the T-Sport badges were dealer fit.

• 9 years later...
On 6/14/2009 at 7:50 PM, Vince W said:

I bought a replica TTE spoiler off ebay for about 70 quid. I had to paint it myself though. It fit OK too.

CorollaStJamespark-1.jpg

Did you have to bolt the spolier or you glued it on 

• 1 year later...

Hi! Just wondering would a Corolla E12 spoiler fit a Toyota Auris ? Thanks in advance!