Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport Alarm

dmm86

for the last few weeks, my car alarm in my t sport has been going off for no reason what so ever, and as you can all imagine it is the most annoying noise out there. has been occuring nearly every day and has happened twice already today. it has went off both at home and at college, but more so at home.

Anybody had experiences with this or know what is causing it?

About 9 months ago it was happening and we realised it was coming from the microwave, but after renewing the microwave it has stoppped.

please help, i feel like setting the car on fire :(

for the last few weeks, my car alarm in my t sport has been going off for no reason what so ever, and as you can all imagine it is the most annoying noise out there. has been occuring nearly every day and has happened twice already today. it has went off both at home and at college, but more so at home.

Anybody had experiences with this or know what is causing it?

About 9 months ago it was happening and we realised it was coming from the microwave, but after renewing the microwave it has stoppped.

please help, i feel like setting the car on fire :(

Is the car generally parked in the sun when the alarm goes off? Or do you keep it in the shade? Used to happen to me and it only happened on hot days when the bonnet heated up and expanded slightly. This took just enough pressure off the bonnet switch to trigger the alarm. I performed a quick ghetto mod and stuck a small piece of foam to the underside of the bonnet where the switch was so it puts an extra couple of mm of pressure on the switch when closed, which is enough to stop the alarm going off :)

you are a genius!! that sounds like it. the sensor is located close to the windscreen isnt it? a white push button thing?

It is located at the back by the windscreen, yes, and is just off-center to the right (as you face the car). Mine is covered in a black rubber sleeve though - not white. Might be different between revisions though :)

P.S. Can one of the Mods make this thread a sticky? I want lasting proof that someone here thinks I'm a genius!!! :lol2: :dontgetit::dontgetit:

just checked there, the button has made an indent in the existing spongy piece so going to sort it out now while im still slighty sane lol!

Thanks Marc!