Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pikey Taxi Drivers

Tom.B

Well my dad the other week went into derby to post some letters, he parked in a tight spot went into the post office and when he came out there were four men waiting claiming he had hit one of their cars. My step dad said he hadnt and to be honest if he had he would own up as hes like that. So he left his details anyway and now the taxi bloke is trying to sue him for loss of earnings due to the car being undriveable and he has body damage to himself!!

The thing is the taxi driver was not even in the car!!!! also if my stepdad had hit it it would be minor damage to the bumper as he was reversing!

The bloke is using one of those no win no fee companies so guess they going for broke. Thing is there is cctv outside the place so we can hopefully get some footage and get this bloke done for fraud.

This is why insurance rates are soaring as pikeys like this are claiming allsorts

Was this a licensed taxi or a mini cab? If licensed then you can register a complaint with the licensing agency (usually the local borough or city council). If a mini cab firm you can complain to the trading standards and request his car and those of the whole company are inspected along with a whole host of other regulations I am sure they must comply with starting with health and safety and working down through working time directives etc etc etc. Sometimes red tape can be a good thing.

Even if there is no CCTV from outside there will be CCTV from inside the Post Office that will give an exact time stamp which can be used to substantiate your side of events.

Well my dad the other week went into derby to post some letters, he parked in a tight spot went into the post office and when he came out there were four men waiting claiming he had hit one of their cars. My step dad said he hadnt and to be honest if he had he would own up as hes like that. So he left his details anyway and now the taxi bloke is trying to sue him for loss of earnings due to the car being undriveable and he has body damage to himself!!

The thing is the taxi driver was not even in the car!!!! also if my stepdad had hit it it would be minor damage to the bumper as he was reversing!

The bloke is using one of those no win no fee companies so guess they going for broke. Thing is there is cctv outside the place so we can hopefully get some footage and get this bloke done for fraud.

This is why insurance rates are soaring as pikeys like this are claiming allsorts

why did he leave his details if he did'nt do it ? surly that is admitting liability,you need to start building a defence

cos it is going to be expensive. My mother in-law is in insurance she always says dont admit anything let the lawyers

deal with it .

But how would you be admitting liability by merely giving your name and address - sounds horriably messy anyhow - hope everything gets sorted.

But heres the amazing thing - if Tom Bs dads car is presumably undamaged - how on earth is the other car supposedly undriveable - :( . Time for some legal advice id say - even if its just for the other side to realise that they are not going to have an easy time of it.

Red diesel

Such an approach is best dealt with by way of a quick phone call to the Police and then, as they arrive, a honest and forthright reply telling the claimant where to go :censor: :ffs:

why did he leave his details if he did'nt do it ? surly that is admitting liability,you need to start building a defence

cos it is going to be expensive. My mother in-law is in insurance she always says dont admit anything let the lawyers

deal with it .

He gave the details as he fel it best to when faced by four blokes having a go. What annoys me is the driver was not even in the car yet hes trying to claim loss of income due to being injured. So when does a small van reversing into a parking spot damage a car beyond being able to drive it and how has he substained such injuries?

The bloke is milking it and to be honest im all up for going to the taxi co and asking for his hours etc. the bloke is a muppet and there is no visible damage to my dads van

Sadly there are some real pond life types that will try anything in order to make money by deception , they probably waited for a suitable victim and targeted your dad , if no cctv images can be obtained , then fight fire with fire and if you can, get a few witnesses to back up your dads story , wether they were there or not , some might say two wrongs don't make a right , but you are dealing with scum here , hopefully your dad has a few good mates that will back him up .

Does your Dad / stepdad have legal protection on his insurance, or if not is he an AA/RAC member, because I personally would reply to nothing + seek advise from a solicitor thru either of the above, I can understand it must have been very intimidating being faced with 4 people claiming he had bumped their car but this is diabolical,

He shouldn’t have given his details to anyone if he hasn’t done anything... and secondly he should have called the Police right away!

I wonder if the Taxis driver has reported the "accident" to the police?

If they haven't that's failing to report & driving away from the scene ... wonder how they would respond if charged with those (& if they have for a n event that didn't happen potentially wasting poice time/fraud).

Hey

Have just seen this thread so apologies for the late reply.

The taxi drivers insurer or legal rep co. (or whatever route he goes down) would have to proove that an impact occured. I used to do Motor Insurance Claims for four years and often independent engineers would be asked to inspect both vehicles to see exactly what the "impact" height would be, what marks there are, how does the damage match up with any protuding bits on the car that was alledged to do the damage.

Plus, if there HAD been an impact the speed would be so minimal that any damage would be caused purely by the weight of a vehicle - I do not know how any car could be made undriveable if it were to be hit bumper to bumper whilst reversing.

Hope it gets sorted out alright.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links