Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Fast Can It Get

mela

Hi

I have a Yaris D4-d (december 2008): I'm really enjoying the car and I think it's fast, But The maximum speed I got with it was 176 Km/hour. Can it gets more?? Just a question because my boyfriend told it couldn't get more speed but is it true???

Hi

I have a Yaris D4-d (december 2008): I'm really enjoying the car and I think it's fast, But The maximum speed I got with it was 176 Km/hour. Can it gets more?? Just a question because my boyfriend told it couldn't get more speed but is it true???

Err, it's a Yaris....How fast did you expect it to be? :o

Hi

Toyota Yaris Brochure states the MAX Speed for D4-d as 109 M.P.H.

I will leave you to work it out :rolleyes:

I've had 110mph out of mine and it wasn't totally screaming either. :o

Then again speedo's are allways inacurate. Bet the thing was only doing about 95! :lol:

Seen 114Mph in my girlfriends old 1.3 CDX...

Hi

It's all just a question of what you want to achieve and how much you are willing to spend. If you want max speed you will ultimately be governed by gearing, most cars max out at peak power in top gear, however if you can generate more power and improve aerodynamics/drag/friction forces you could theoretically hit the rev limiter in top gear, this is your theoretical top speed without changing the tyres rolling radius or gearbox. You can work this out by accurately finding out the speed per 1000rpm on the rev counter, then find where the rev limitor is and then multiply the speed per 1000rpm by the available revs in the engine.

My old Civic type R had a theoretical top speed of 168mph, but in reality maxed out at 146mph (still plenty for me!)

Hope that helps.

Yumma

PS. Personaly I'm less worried about max speed and more into braking, handling and acceleration as these can all be exploited on the public roads, unless we had limit free autobahns I think anything over 100mph/160kph is largely irrelevant in this country. You only need take the Bugatti Veyron as an example of huge top speedand compare it to other slower cars which are superior in other areas and to know that the Bugatti is far from the fastest road car around a track.

Hi

Aparently, the chipping/modding thing for mini's and Yarii(?) diesels gets a bit more bhp, hence mph out of the stock jam-jar! plug and play, remove for MOT time so as to keep fumes low!