Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem Filling The Tank

systonlad

I've a 2009 2.2D4D T4 tourer company car, very nice with all the toys. I usually fill up at Tesco to get the clubcard points which we use for days out. Problem I've had at 2 local Tescos is with the pump constantly cutting out, took me 10 minutes to put 20 litres in before I gave up tonight, I tried the nozzle at all different angles, but no way could I feed in more than a trickle at a time. I felt a complete prat I've never had any problems like this with any other car I've driven, my Vectra you could wedge the filler cap in the fuel trigger & let it dump 55 litres into an empty tank. The Avensis says to use low sulphur Diesel, but I assume its all low sulphur these days, or is it & the normal stuff has a different nozzle?????????????????.

It's getting so bad that I've no idea if the tank is full, when the fuel out comes on I'm only putting 43 lires in a 60 litre tank, with the trip computer showing a handful of miles, the trusty Vectra was spot on if it said 20 miles on the range you'd better find a filling station as you'd get a full tank in 58-60litres. On the plus side when the Vectra said 45mpg it meant 40, in the Avensis when it says 45mpg it means 50

Any idea whats going on :(

Have you tried just squeezing the handle a little bit and trickling the fuel into the tank at about half the full rate. All pumps allow you to control the rate of flow by varying the amount you squeeze the trigger on the pump.

I get this occasionally at some pumps, ironically it's at those "quick fill" pumps. Quite often it seems a result of the pump pushing too much fuel through, so when I go to a quick-fill pump it takes twice as long to fill as I have to squeeze the pump a little and just trickle the petrol in.

I've a 2009 2.2D4D T4 tourer company car, very nice with all the toys. I usually fill up at Tesco to get the clubcard points which we use for days out. Problem I've had at 2 local Tescos is with the pump constantly cutting out, took me 10 minutes to put 20 litres in before I gave up tonight, I tried the nozzle at all different angles, but no way could I feed in more than a trickle at a time. I felt a complete prat I've never had any problems like this with any other car I've driven, my Vectra you could wedge the filler cap in the fuel trigger & let it dump 55 litres into an empty tank. The Avensis says to use low sulphur Diesel, but I assume its all low sulphur these days, or is it & the normal stuff has a different nozzle?????????????????.

It's getting so bad that I've no idea if the tank is full, when the fuel out comes on I'm only putting 43 lires in a 60 litre tank, with the trip computer showing a handful of miles, the trusty Vectra was spot on if it said 20 miles on the range you'd better find a filling station as you'd get a full tank in 58-60litres. On the plus side when the Vectra said 45mpg it meant 40, in the Avensis when it says 45mpg it means 50

Any idea whats going on :(

hello mate

WHen discharged diesel into your tank -- the diesel flow must be solid. It's understood this fuel volume being increased pushes an air out thru a vent pipe that is calibrated (!!!). In case this diesel flow is not solid but with too much air sucted by station pumps (from some leaks in the pipes) -- this might mean that this vent pipe can not have an air passed thru and as the result the air pressure is increased in the tank resulting diesel flow cutting off (that is heard by you). Yes you have tried to hold a nozzle in several angles but the result is the same.

Please conside the above -- and try to refill your tank at another station just to check and adopt decision.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links