Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Crail Day

GT4 JDM

Hi, having noticed theres alot of interest around crail i was gonna suggest a toyota meeting there on a sunday evening.

It would be after everyone goes they keep it open.

If theres enough interest il contact them and see what they say and take it from there.

So please if anyone is interested plaese reply and say !

Just imagine ....... all them toyota's !!!!

Thanks.

Hi, having noticed theres alot of interest around crail i was gonna suggest a toyota meeting there on a sunday evening.

It would be after everyone goes they keep it open.

If theres enough interest il contact them and see what they say and take it from there.

So please if anyone is interested plaese reply and say !

Just imagine ....... all them toyota's !!!!

Thanks.

Might be a good idea to PM Andie M..............(Scottish meets co-ordinator) before getting too deep into this :thumbsup:

Yes there is a lot of interest for Crail. No offence, but I don't think your idea would work.

Crail has events held during the day on various Sunday's throughout the year. The basis for them being the 1/4 mile and the oval. Having attended a fair few of these events, I doubt very much that anyone will be willing to kick about til the events finish. Usually between 3 and 5pm. It's a very long day for those of us who travel from Glasgow area. We usually leave at 8am from down this way, making it up to Crail for about 10am. You have to take into consideration that people generally have jobs to go to on the Monday morning. I usually come back down the road for about 6pm and I know I'm like a burst ball. To ask people to stay after, assuming a rough guess that people stayed til say 8pm meaning some wouldn't get home til 10pm. It's a lot to ask, and one hell of a long day! Adding onto that, if your up as a spectator it's a lot of standing about. Crail weather is not always the best (been before when it's been HEAVY rain) kills the atmosphere and people's moods.

That's just my view on it.

If the actual toc scottish members could tell me if they are for or against this idea it might help a decision.

• 2 months later...

Yea, but i mean i just thot i would mention it to see the interest on it. If we got a decent amount of numbers an just take it from there.

Crails quite a bit out for some people, but its up to that idividual to decide.

If the majority of people are within 100 miles for example we could try meet somewhere in the middle.

Maybe post a topic and start a wee petition thing where you could say yes/no and put your choice of location and take it from there.

Could maybe eventually turn into big meets and or get a stand at crail, knockhill trackdays, etc.

Worth a try !

Thanks.

I generally go up to Crail on the saturday and stay overnight, leaving Crail around 3pm on the Sunday. trouble with the place is that the facilities are primitive; bogs bogging; and hell on earth for spectators when it rains. I've been looking around for some facilities in the central belt that are more accessible for most people and so far haven't made a lot of progress.

Maybe if the place had a cafe where shelter and warmth could be had???????

Well looking at it from that view, id suggest knockhill wheres theres plenty facilities. i think theres even a petrol pump.

Maybe an idea is to rent out a huge gazebo and tea/coffee facilities.

If we had enough interest we could even see how much it would cost and split it, for example if we got 50 ppl going and paid £10 each on entry ....

Worth looking into

I'll leave it to the events organizer to work something out, i think if we get the numbers we could have a good event and maybe even make it regular.

Thanks.

GT4 JDM

I'm terribly sorry first. I'm going to knock your idea on head. We have enough problems with general meets etc, and I refuse to organise an event just now that involves money. I for one do not wish to be left out of pocket to cover costs of members who say they will turn up and then don't on the day.

I know I have not organised a meet in a while, but personal elements of my life have restricted me from doing so. Preferbly if you wish to help organise a meet I suggest that you choose a reasonable place to meet. Ie somewhere with clean toilets as we do have female members - aka ME! :lol: It also helps if there is somewhere close by for beverages and food. The meet I organised was just beside Mcd's.

But thank you for your input :) it's very much appreciated! If we get this part of TOC busy, I would be more than happy to help organise a meet like what you have described knowing that people will turn up etc.