Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Wont Start :( Help

sphinktar1988

had my tsport 3 days ive disconnected the Battery to put my sub in and now ive put it back together it wont start

put everything back to normal and it still wont

lights wont switch on n i have no electrics but if i try to start the car the start motor turns and sounds faily normal but the engine wont come to life!

i have the alarm on it also could it be to do with this?

had my tsport 3 days ive disconnected the battery to put my sub in and now ive put it back together it wont start

put everything back to normal and it still wont

lights wont switch on n i have no electrics but if i try to start the car the start motor turns and sounds faily normal but the engine wont come to life!

i have the alarm on it also could it be to do with this?

Hi,

I am a little confused,I don't really understand that if you've no electrics yet the starter motor turns! As you can get the starter to turn I suggest you try to start it by turning the key and with the accellerator pedal to the floor keep the engine turning over for at least 20/30 seconds untill it fires up, (it should splutter a little at first but then be OK)

Check all the fuses under the bonnet and in the car.

Maybe something has happened when you connected sub, hence a blown fuse.

Could be as simple as that......Hopefully! ;)

I had the occaional issue on mine, whereby when the Battery was becoming a bit "tired" after a few years and the car had been left for a few days, there was enough power to make the starter motor turn over the engine, but not enough Battery power for the fuel pump to create enough fuel pressure, to inject fuel into the engine - so it just wouldn't start.

I had one of those "emergency starting batteries" and I used that to provide some extra power to get the car started.

A long shot, but maybe worth a try using some jump-leads or one of those emergency starter units to assist the Battery, in case its as simple as that...

Had a Battery die on my school car... Had the RAC start me up and had to have a new one fitted. No sign it was failing, one min it was working, stopped the engine, went to start about five mins later.... dead as a dodo!

As an afterthought, I had lights, wipers etc going during lessons earlier.. may have finished it off!

Sorry for the late reply

I got it going again about an hour or so after

No idea how but it just started!

I'm guessing it was something to do with the alarm as I read it can detect when you fiddle with the Battery

Cheers srkid good to be back in a yaris :) see you bumped up to a t sport aswell!

Sorry for the late reply

I got it going again about an hour or so after

No idea how but it just started!

I'm guessing it was something to do with the alarm as I read it can detect when you fiddle with the battery

Cheers srkid good to be back in a yaris :) see you bumped up to a t sport aswell!

Good good!

Yeah upgraded to a T sport, pretty modded up now aswell so very happy :D