Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

205 Gear Change Problem

Quagmire-st205

hi lads. ive just noticed lately that when im changing gears, its very stiff to get it into gear, mainly first and second taking off. the clutch isnt slipping but when letting it out, the pedal stops up about three quarters way out then just pops out fully.. anyone else with a 205 have had any similar problems??.....

any help would be great... thanks

hydraulics ?

hydraulics ?

like a slave cylinder??? i looked around the pedal and the nut on the adjustable rod was loose, just nibbed it up but no difference..

did you have any similar problems??

have mine bout two months, what common faults are on these or what could i be looking out for?...

thanks mate

hydraulics ?

like a slave cylinder??? i looked around the pedal and the nut on the adjustable rod was loose, just nibbed it up but no difference..

did you have any similar problems??

have mine bout two months, what common faults are on these or what could i be looking out for?...

thanks mate

sound like clutch plate is a bit tight maybee does it "clunk" into reverse?

check clutch fluid levels , check the cylinder on the gearbox is working ok , have someone press pedal while you look . the other thing that wears out are the brass bushes in the selector rods that connect to the gearbox . they get oval shaped and become lumpy and awkward at the gearstick , i swapped mine out for the roller bearing kit on eBay , difference was awesome.

oh and the clutch pedal may need bleeding , do it the same as you do brake calipers.

check clutch fluid levels , check the cylinder on the gearbox is working ok , have someone press pedal while you look . the other thing that wears out are the brass bushes in the selector rods that connect to the gearbox . they get oval shaped and become lumpy and awkward at the gearstick , i swapped mine out for the roller bearing kit on ebay , difference was awesome.

oh and the clutch pedal may need bleeding , do it the same as you do brake calipers.

not seen this kit on eBay any chance of a link

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links