Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Water Pump

mintor

HI CAN SOME ONE SORT THIS ONE IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE D4D WATER PUMP WITH OUT REMOVING THE FUEL PUMP INLET MANIFOLD AS BOOK SAYS

HI CAN SOME ONE SORT THIS ONE IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE D4D WATER PUMP WITH OUT REMOVING THE FUEL PUMP INLET MANIFOLD AS BOOK SAYS

hi mintor

welcome to the club!

you really need 'anchorman' or 'davrav' or a moderator to answer this,keep an eye out for these guys,they know their stuff

anchorman ...are you viewing by any chance?

rambler

hi mintor

welcome to the club!

you really need 'anchorman' or 'davrav' or a moderator to answer this,keep an eye out for these guys,they know their stuff

anchorman ...are you viewing by any chance?

rambler

Flattered as I am to be mentioned in the same sentence as Anchorman [who seems to be 'missing in action' at the moment], current RAV is the first Toyota I have owned. Though I have DIY'd most jobs on a number of cars over the years and am not frightened to get my hands dirty, I have to admit that I haven't a clue about Toyota engines - apart from what I am learning here. Sorry can't help :(

I suspect Bothwell buyer may be your man on this one :thumbsup:

David

Hi Mintor,

Welcome to the club. Have just done a search and not sure if this thread will help [but it has several contributions from both Anchorman and Bothy] - might give a bit of insight. There are diagrams here too. LINK

Happy reading

David

the water pump can be removed without the removal of the inlet manifold or the fuel pump. Replace the timing belt

hope this helps, have done this hundreds of times

the water pump can be removed without the removal of the inlet manifold or the fuel pump. Replace the timing belt

hope this helps, have done this hundreds of times

THANKS THAT WHAT I NEED TO NO I AM GOING TO CHANGE TIMING BELT SOON. HERD THAT WATER PUMP NEEDS TO BE CHANGED SAME TIME SO LESS TO TAKE OFF THE BETTER ANY THING ELSE NEEDS REPLACING WHILE BELTS BEEN CHANGE. ALSO D4D RAV DOES ABOUT 40 MPG BACK AND FORTH TO WORK IS THAT ABOUT RIGHT :unsure:

Hi Montor

Sorry for delay I have been on hols for a while and am just going through some of these oldies!

If you are changing the belt there is no real rule that says the water pump must be done but if you want a belt and braces job then I can see your logic. What might help you decide is that the fuel pump drive pulley goes through the water pump housing and so do some of the fixing bolts which is why the manual says to remove it - it is a big job!!! Check the external belts at the same time and any of the auxiliary pulleys and idlers. If in doubt change it but if it aint broke don't fix it!!!

Water_pump_components_CO_4.pdf

Water_pump_inspection___CO7.pdf

PS - STOP SHOUTING :D Lower case will make your posts look friendlier!

Hi Montor

Sorry for delay I have been on hols for a while and am just going through some of these oldies!

If you are changing the belt there is no real rule that says the water pump must be done but if you want a belt and braces job then I can see your logic. What might help you decide is that the fuel pump drive pulley goes through the water pump housing and so do some of the fixing bolts which is why the manual says to remove it - it is a big job!!! Check the external belts at the same time and any of the auxiliary pulleys and idlers. If in doubt change it but if it aint broke don't fix it!!!

Water_pump_components_CO_4.pdf

Water_pump_inspection___CO7.pdf

PS - STOP SHOUTING :D Lower case will make your posts look friendlier!

thanks anchorman if i can get away with out changing water pump all the better.