Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beeping Noise

craigycakes

Hi guys why when i switch the ignition off i get a beeping noise from the rear off my celica? it doesnt usualy happen just now and again, mainly when the car is slightly rolling and i pull the handbrake up or thats just a coinsidence.

It's common to get a beeping noise when the lock button on the key is accidentally pressed with a door open. That's the only one I can think of other than the annoying reverse beep.

the reverse beep is anoyin yet strangly funny. i wonder if toyota fort they were making a truck haha

hi guys no it a full on beep beep beep it comes from the rear of the car sounds like its in the boot?

and yes the reverse beeping is pretty funny and pointless lol

hi guys no it a full on beep beep beep it comes from the rear of the car sounds like its in the boot?

and yes the reverse beeping is pretty funny and pointless lol

i think i found out what it is.... i think its to do with like a little alarm thing that sounds if you put the handbrake on whilst your moving or rolling! its a safety thing

ahh rite thats what it is then as easy and as simple as that haha

yh i tryed what you did and asked toyota and thats what it is so no need to worry, easy way to prevent it is to keep your foot on brake when applying handbrake and make shure its on properly aswell.

I occasionally get the same noise in my TSport - it goes off as soon as I get out of the car and shut the door... didn't think it had anything to do with the handbrake..! Just thought it was some thing to do with the alarm system.. :huh:

• 12 years later...

Hi guys, I have the same problem but mine dosent stop beeping unless i cut out the power taking a cable from the Battery and sometimes I leave the car parked with no beeping but when I come back it’s on again. Btw taking the power resets it and it stops beeping but sometimes comes back even whistle I’m in transit 🤔🤔😬😬

any ideas?

thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links