Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Corolla's Sports Springs

siewhowt

I don't know if new Corolla model variations in Australia are different from Europe, but sports springs for new Corolla (E12) are available at least from following manufacturers: TTE, H&R, APEX and Eibach.

Hi all,

Try apexsuspension.com These are German made sports springs which lower the car 40mm and give a firmer ride without compromising comfort. They are £92 in the UK and I will be fitting them to mine. There were not many companies many stuff for the new Corolla in 2002 but I'm told all that will change in 2003. I've found a company that does 70mm lowering springs but I wouldn't recommend them with standard dampers. Have fun looking anyway. John

hi John,

I had a look at the site and could find now listing for Corolla TS springs, where you getting yours and who's fitting them, what about warrenty, cheers mate

Hi Jake,

I'm getting my springs from Revolution in Gateshead/Newcastle and my brother is going to fit them. (He's a mechanic at a VW main dealer) As for the warrenty, you'd have to ask your nearest dealer, my guess is that they will say, It won't affect your warrenty unless it can be proved the springs where responsible for the defect, which I think is unlikely as they are designed to be used with the standard shocks. You can get the springs at Carnoisseur (branches nationwide), Motorworld (branches nationwide), or the two listed nearest to you are BMS Superfactors in Rochdale, and Power Zone in Padiham, Lancs. Look on the web site and you may find one nearer. By the way Jake where did you get your wheels? and how much where they? Cheers mate.

now why would i want to tell you that ;)

http://www.speedlinecorse.co.uk/

I phoned them direct and managed to get a very good deal, close to trade price in the end with some begging, I got 5 which i think helped, paid just short of £650, for the 5, normall retail would be closer to £1100. The Toyota rally team supposedly use this make :o

I dont know about lowering the car by 40 mm... TTE 30mm lowering springs are just great, especially if you want to ever have 17" wheels on your car ;-)

40mm lowering + 17" wheels would definetly make your back hate you ;-)

I keep asking my dealer when they can get me the TTE kit, I have the funds ready and waiting for springs, fr.spoiler, twin exhaust, gearshift, and fr. suspension brace, thought it would be available by now some mainland euro countries all ready have it :(

Hi all,

I'm told the Apex springs are designed to be used with the standard dampers so there won't be a problem lowering 40mm. Also 18's will go straight on as the wheel arches on the Corolla are so big, (you could fit 20's if you had the money!!!!) I plan to lower and have 18's fitted if I can afford them if not 17's.

I dont see a way to fit 18" wheels when the car is lowered by 40mm... we are talking about 4 cm here...

Corolla's wheel arches are pretty big, but only with standard suspension... which is why TTE offers 30mm lowering springs... usually cars are lowered by 15-20mm to achieve sports look & feel..

I mean it could probably be done theoretically... I mean even TTE spec tires for 18" wheels are 225/40, i dont know if you can find anything more aggressive to fit with 40mm lowering...

Hi there,

I'm assured by everybody I've spoken to that 18's and lowering 40mm will not be a problem. I've seen the facelift model at work which will be lowered and have 17's as standard and there is still loads of room left in the arches!!! I'll let you know if I can afford them!!!!

The best reason for 18 inch rims is style? If you're in it for the looks, that's fine.

True there's loads of room left in the T sport arches (even after 30 mm lowering). With H&R spring or (adjustable) TTE full suspension kit you can lower up to 45-50 mm. Just make sure the ground clearance and tire to "arches" clearance are ok.

Uprated springs and a set 18 inch wheels can quickly overpower the standard dampers. With hardly any clearance, how can you avoid bottoming the dampers out? I would recommend the use of sport dampers before you hit the next bump...

John, what (other) changes there might be in the facelift model and when's the new model out on the market?

Hi there T-sport,

Basically the facelift is just suspension and wheel upgrades, although Toyota are considering changing the look of the rear light clusters (to more like the Lexus style). This will be out later this year although no date is set yet. We may see a power hike as well but nothing is confirmed yet. I'll keep you all posted on developments.

• 7 months later...

Hi John

Any news on the facelift CTS? :) I am yet to put an order in for a CTS,so any info appreciated!

Cheers

Ant