Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Love Your Aygo?

LucyLovesAygo

I also have recently started taking some flak over the car. Various people have wondered why when i owned my previous car outright that i started over again to have an Aygo. Quote the figures of milage/tax/insurance etc and it then shuts them and their stupid cars up.

I am driving the OH's 57 plate Aygo Blue at the moment doing a 31 mile each way daily commute and it has comfortable seats, decent turn of speed, good economy and all the other bits.

Compared to any other comparable cars the Aygo has real character and is so much more than just a car.

PS We both love the car (how can you not love a car that sounds so great and does 60 in 2nd gear!!!)

We love our Aygo we bought in last September.. it's 5-door 58 reg Platinum with air-con. Not bad looking car, good fuel economy, cheap tax and insurance, cheap parts (but I didn't need to buy any so far). Runs like a dream and has got 6700 miles on the clock :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I am going to pick up this gleaming Carbon Quartz beauty from the Toyota dealership this morning...

Having moved to England five years ago, and being told endlessly that I don't need a car because I live in Central London, I cannot help but celebrate how HAPPY I am to have bought the car. I remember my angst-ridden teen years when getting out for a long drive in my car with Nina Simone playing on its cassette player (you heard me!) was SUCH a source of sanity. I have SORELY missed driving, and I am looking forward to having my life back.

The car has such character. In many respects, it is emblematic of thing that are 'right' in our world today - cars with low emissions, cars sans gas-guzzling engines, cars with individuality. Toyota itself is an interesting brand at the moment; and one of the few that give a flying eff about the environment (what whatever reasons) and invest significant sums into R&D.

Wish me joy driving once again, Aygo lovers!

:thumbsup:

V

I have say - when i bought a 56 plate yaris i got some P@ss take at work - comments such as "what, did they run out of mens cars?"

Imagine what they said when i told them i have just placed an order for a brand new Aygo!

However, once i started with the facts, low tax/insurance/fuel/tyres/brakes etc etc -- plus the aged old thing, "i dont need a big car to make up for a lacking p@nis length!"

I'm happy with my choice, just want it to get here already!

Matt

I have say - when i bought a 56 plate yaris i got some P@ss take at work - comments such as "what, did they run out of mens cars?"

Imagine what they said when i told them i have just placed an order for a brand new Aygo!

However, once i started with the facts, low tax/insurance/fuel/tyres/brakes etc etc -- plus the aged old thing, "i dont need a big car to make up for a lacking p@nis length!"

I'm happy with my choice, just want it to get here already!

Matt

What IS this cr*p about men's cars?! It's sexist, ill-informed, and downright laughable.

Do people not GET that a city like London NEEDS a small car?!

Everytime I get in mine I ask myself "what can I do to make this car better?"

And the answer is nothing not a damn thing!!!

I have had plenty of cars from 3.9 Discovery to a 2.0L Fiat Brava, but my Aygo is the best car I have ever had.

What other car will go for ever on 15 quids worth of fuel??? What other car can happily zip along on the motorway and weave in and out of traffic in the city

A years Tax, a years fully Comp insurance and a full fuel tank of petrol for under 200 quid. Show me another car that will do that for you????

A years Tax, a years fully Comp insurance and a full fuel tank of petrol for under 200 quid. Show me another car that will do that for you????

A Citroen C1!

:D

I have to say I own a Corolla Compressor and when I go into have a service or a few warranty bits, I always get a C1 as a loan car. I have more fun in it than my car, around town it's so much nicer to drive and I'm actually thinking of selling it to buy an Aygo. 99% of my driving is around town, and when you can have a car that is so cheap to run, nips into small spaces, does everything you want it to, you can't moan. I even beat a E320 CDI Sport off the lights the other day before his kickdown kicked in!

3 Cylinders are the way forward!

Ok, it's not the manliest car, but for the amount of congestion near London, you can't beat it or fault it. I’ll stick up for it and I come from a long list of powerful cars.

I'm on the band wagon! :D

and a full fuel tank of petrol for under 200 quid. Show me another car that will do that for you????

Well yeah how much under £200 for a full tank? £198? Sorry had to comment on that typo :D

I don't see any typo: the £200 also includes a full year of tax AND insurance...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links