Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Demister Tab Ripped Off

Hamish NZ

Does anyone know how i should go about fixing my rear demister? I assume that the cable was hanging in the wrong spot one day when the window was lowered, resulting in the tab attached to the window being ripped off.

I soldered mine back on as there was a blob of solder still attatched to the glass.

If that doesn't work then it's either get some of that liquid, heater element repair stuff or replace the window.

So far ive had no luck getting my hands on one of those kits here in NZ. The auto electricians here have told me the kits success rate was rather low so they have been phased out and the only proper way to fix the problem was to solder (if enough metal still present on window) or to get a complete new window. In saying that, very person i have talked to has told me a different story......

I've had another good look around, and this product from frost fighter in the USA sounds the best http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2000.htm . So i will probably get one mailed to me. Will cost a few $ in the end though. Its either this or put a brick through the window and put in a insurance claim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links