Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For Those With Rev Counters

TonyAYGO

I reckon you should go for a motorway cruise, just to find out for Tony :D

I reckon you should go for a motorway cruise, just to find out for Tony :D

I'm still in 3rd or 4th ;) nearest motorway is M25 so no chance of getting above 2nd :(

cheers for the replys :)

Just wondering cause im always a bit scared to push it on the motorway seeing as its only a 1.0

whats the most you could get out of an aygo without hurting it?

Not on a public highway of course but have got to 99mph,indicated by GPS, want to hit the magic 100mph if I can.

cheers for the replys :)

Just wondering cause im always a bit scared to push it on the motorway seeing as its only a 1.0

whats the most you could get out of an aygo without hurting it?

Surely you will be able to tell by the sound of the engine.

Most people on here have said the Aygo quite comfortably reaches and sits at 70mph.

When I took out the demo it comfortably sat at 70mph - actually surprised me how quick it got there. Mine arrives in a few days (fingers crossed). I did treat myself to a rev. counter even though I'm after economy motoring :rolleyes:

When I took out the demo it comfortably sat at 70mph - actually surprised me how quick it got there. Mine arrives in a few days (fingers crossed). I did treat myself to a rev. counter even though I'm after economy motoring :rolleyes:

Is that going down hill? PMSL :D

70mph in 5th gear is 3200rpm.

I was out on the local bypass last night after I read this.It seemed to pull OK even up a slight hill.

70mph is very nice and law abiding but for greater utility on my daily commute I find a steady 80 works out more conveniently. Shh, don't tell anyone.

I wonder whether my new Aygo will be up to it. I must say I only ever see them pootling along in lane 1 when I'm out and about...

Any L Hamilton wannabes like to give me the info? Is this a man's car or not?

You will be supprised how fast the aygo can go. Just because its a 1.0l doesnt mean it cant go above 70.

Is that going down hill? PMSL :D

ROFL!!!!!! :lol:

70mph is very nice and law abiding but for greater utility on my daily commute I find a steady 80 works out more conveniently. Shh, don't tell anyone.

I wonder whether my new Aygo will be up to it. I must say I only ever see them pootling along in lane 1 when I'm out and about...

Any L Hamilton wannabes like to give me the info? Is this a man's car or not?

My Aygo lives in lane 3. If it wasn't for those BMW and Audi drivers holding me up all the time life would be great.

An engine works most efficiently at the middle third of it's rev range. I just tend to drive near the upper end of this range. :D

ive seen 110mph on tom tom down a hill with the wind up her bum! Shell happily hit 99mph and sit there up some beemers ubiks.

However ive only owned her 15 months and need a new set of tires this will be my third front set and second rear set. just seen 20000 miles and second service shes still going like a go kart on heat!

you could say im a 31 year old boy racer lol

Fastest ive went is 70mph... there was me thinking we had aygos for the fuel economy ^_^

lol 110mph, im suprised parts didn't start falling off it. most ive got out of mine is 90, was too scared to go faster haha

Reassured :thumbsup:

Fuel economy, yeah Darth, but you need entertaining sometimes, don't you?

I know a 1L can be fun - I got a 1L 93 polo at the mo - it's brilliant, and shoves most stuff out the way on the M11, just a shame it's shortly for the chop!

Bwahahahaha :chair:

lol 110mph, im suprised parts didn't start falling off it. most ive got out of mine is 90, was too scared to go faster haha

Trust me it aint fun!!!

But then I used to have a 100mph Gilera Runner scooter (very highly modified over £3000 thrown at it) and that did 100mph on 13" wheels!

that was scary so 110 in the aygo going ooooooooooooh shoooooot down hill was nothing lol although I wont be attempting it again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links