Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gtr (import) Cam Belt Change

jonnor

I have been the Owner of a Celeica GTR for 2 years now and it is time to change the cam belt.(Done 35,00miles)

With all my maintainance for this car - I always buy spares from my local Toyata main dealer - And then I take the car to my local garage which has a good mechanic (he has a supra import - is also ex toyota main dealer) and he does the servicing etc at a much lower labour rate.(Also saves on time with the garage running around here and there for parts).

I have an MOT comming up in Mid Feb and want to change the cam belt. Do i need to buy items such as rocker cover gaskets or any new seals etc...

So far I have bought the cam belt £29.00 - but advice on any other new stuff would be advisable

Celica GTR - engine type 3sGE year 1990

:help:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have changed the cam belt on my st182 and my st202 and the only over thing you should change is the cam belt idle pulley. some are hydralic and some work on a manuel adjust, your dealer should tell you which. It is also worth doing the remaining belts at the same time.

Hope this helps?

just read through - could be worth getting a tensioner pulley and guide pulley (idle pulley? - i think its the same thing yeah? i just use different names for things lol).

As for cam cover gaskets, only get them if the ones youv got have perished and are seeping oil out - but its your choice.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

:help: dude have you got the workshop manual for your gt-r?cause im franticly looking for one..

shanemacken@hotmail.com :help:

Hi ,my local toyota dealers wanted £225 to change the belt. Thanks but no thanks.

I have got my local bloke to do it for me instead. :thumbsup: