Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Don't Understand Some Of You

Sim

You lot go on about how you love your cars and many seem to feel your above the max power guys. So why do you put neons in your car? And don't call them lax power it just looks pathetic.

I can just about understand spoilers as they won't have much effect but you don't need any more drag or downforce on your cars. Even the t sport is a warm hatch as much as some of you like to believe it to be something else.

I can understand you wanting to fit better stereos and even TV to your car but why do you want Sub woofers and 1000w systems. You not being audophiles more like pedo. Plus your just adding weight to your car which is going to slow it down.

The constant rubbish about alloy wheels and fitting the biggest possible size would be a field day for Freud. Adding alloys if anything is about reducing the unsprung weight. Small wheels are better for accelleration which is more important than top speed in this speed camera ridden country and your more than likey reducing the cars ride quality. Don't you think those clever little Jap car people have a good idea what they are doing. Yes I am fully aware they have restrictions e.g. costs and margins for bad drivers.

I'm sure you will bring some other odd habits to my attention.

Anyway since i am now a going to be :saddam: i'm going to hide :ph34r: :!Removed!: .

Bye

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yarisboy

• dave5282

• Sim

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree with what you are saying.... although I don't really understand the point you are trying to put across.

If you mean that when people pretend big exhausts, big alloys, lowered suspension, K&N's, etc don't make their cars boy racer.... then I agree.

Fundamentally you are no better than the lad down the street with a nova who's done the same thing only on a budget, people reject the association with 'boyracer' because they justify it with having a more expensive car than most of the boy racer crew.

And if you ask anyone on here with a modded car they will say the difference between them and modded novas, saxos, hondas etc.. is that we don't drive like wan :censor:rs.... which is debatable really. I can't see the point in doing all that engine tuning if you're not going to drive a bit fast.

I have no problem with this though, life is for living and cars are for driving.

The only one that gets me is when u hear a car with bass thundering from deep inside of it, if there's one stereotype of boy racer, just one... it's this. There really is no excuse for it, if you're going to play your tunes that loud, be prepared to be labeled.

but who am I to preach, my ideas of 'nice' cars are very different to most of the guys on here i've found.

One of the best looking cars i've seen on here is Snakeeaters MR2, simplicity is the key! It's just a gorgeous standard mr2 in gleaming white with a nice set of alloys to complement the looks.

I'm really not in for all the bodykits and that kind of stuff.... to my eyes those kind of kits just make cars look plastic.

Sam

Thanks. You put the point across very well. I'm glad someone agrees with me as I thought I was going to have a lot of people ranting and raving and trying to justify themselves.

The may point I have is when I log onto the Yaris forum I would like to see issues about the car and occassionally other general issues and jokes not a load of rubbish about my alloys are 17 inch and so i must have big hands and know the most about cars... Or look at my nice lights inside my car which distract me and other drivers and look at the funny bits of plasct i have put over my lights. I'm more bling than the rest of you.

I want to hear about people problems or reviews of the itg filter and trying some new tyres or debates about winter tyres etc.

Thanks again

Si

the reason ur seeing posts like that in the yaris forum sim is because the little yaris is now becoming affordable to young lads, and all that plasticy addon, flamer exhaust, stickers etc just goes with the territory!

usually the best way to rule yourself out of that kind of bracket is to buy a more expensive car, and that's possibly why people mod more expensive cars in this way? as to distinguish themselves from the rest? I don't know, must be some kind of psychology to be applied here anyway.

Sim there used to be debates like that here all the time, recently though I think the spice has dropped out of toc :(

wel im sorry but wot i like is wot i like, i'll do want i want wen i want, and if no1 likes it stuff em

I AM A BOY RACER MY BEST MATE DRIVES A DUN UP NOVA WE BOTH PLAY OUR music LOUD BUT DONT DRIVE AS IF WE RULE THE ROAD AND CERTAINLY IN EXCESS SPEED IN RESIDENTIAL OR OTHER DANGEROUS AREAS,there is a time and a place for speed,

so wot if my subs add weight my cars a 1.0l it aint eva gonna be no race car, its bass and looks im afta even if they ones off people who look and think t :censor: sser i'm happy so i dont care,

sorry if u think this is harsh its just y shud u critise people for them doing wot they want?

:unsure:

*rant over*

in an ideal world m8 why should people criticise anything others do?

it's not possible i'm afraid, u can't keep everyone happy. But as you say if you're happy then who cares?

takes all sorts, would be boring if we all had the same ideas.

stop pucking pickin on me all of you, actually im after a 1500W Sub, 500W door Speakers and 500W 6x9 (what should i upgrade the dash Speakers to) to go with my 1.5F power cap. my old system 600W isnt load enought for me, yeah I can feel the bass and see the mirrors vibrate but that isnt good enough for me

cant really drive arround in a car like this

Yaris%203.JPG

Yaris%201.JPG

Yaris%202.JPG

Yarisboy look at http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/ really good website and forum except occassional car snobbery and "lax power" rants :ffs:

I don't mind what you want to do to your car as long as it dosen't distract/affect other cars safety/pleasure and your safety. Having load subs is only going to remove one of your senses so you have less idea what engine and others around you are doing. Main issue is this is a yaris forum not how big my alloys are or look at my super sub. There are pleanty (millions) of other forums that have a much great source of information and experience. I also cannot understand having stupidly load bass it dosen't make the music sound better in anyones eyes(ears) who has any reasonable taste and knowledge of music or audiophiles. It just seems another silly game people play over who has the biggest alloys and biggest speaker.

Thanks

si

SIM, sounds like the green monster rearing its ugly head if you ask me! :wacko:

Vmail, what happened to your lovely car? :eek: were you hurt? :huh:

I agree with that............. Why should we have to listen to music that other people are blasting out of their sound systems?

Me and my girlfriend have to put up with the 'bass' that comes from the cars parked in the seafront car park - bearing in mind that we live about 1/2 mile away!!!

Ive got nothing against people putting load stereo systems in their cars, just a little bit of respect wouldnt go a miss at times.......

:thumbsup:

not totally on topic but just some thoughts of mine about why people mod cars and what it means :)

I believe that everything we do is a subconcious reflection of our personality(s .... if u have several:P)

Which leads me to believe that everyone falls into one of these ' car modifying' groups:

1) all show, no go! - big bodykits, loud soundsystem, exhausts, K&N, etc on a 1.0 - this reflects on you as being the sort of person who is all talk, not much action.... the mouth at the pub if you will, who likes others to think he's 'ard' when in fact he's really not.:lol:

2) little show, all go! - subtle touches, inconspciuous looks - the sort of guy who debadges their car and gives little indication to what it really is. - This is the guy in the pub who doesn't need to chat it up large to impress. He enjoys putting the mouthers in their place through action. :yes:

3) all show, all go! - the true warriors amongst the road users, some might call them 'gladiators of the tarmac' and they are to be feared whenever you hear their 400bhp monster engines raging up behind you. They command respect, much like the guy in the pub that you just do not mess with. :fear:

If you think about it hard enough, everyone falls into one of these categories.. or at least anyone who is into their cars and concerned with what they drive. There is another category... which would be the guy who just settles for what he's got and does nothing with it.

If you don't agree, you're in denial or i've missed out a category :P

Sam

Sorry Sam i have 2 disagree with u there!!!

I fall in2 category number 1 with the induction kit, soundsystem etc but in no way do I think I am hard!!!

I'm only 5ft 10" and built like a rake!!!

So get up off ur high horse and stop stereo-typing people!!! If u stereo-type people like this is just shows how narrow-minded and naive u really are!!!

Thanks and rant over!!!

:thumbsup:

Dry your eyes Ryan it was just an observation of driving, characters from the pub were used as a metaphorical way of interpreting the mentality. Of course it's not going to be 100% accurate as it's a generalisation.

Only supposed to be a bit of a chuckle ryan, and i'm not on a high horse, i'm not even on a horse.

You lot go on about how you love your cars and many seem to feel your above the max power guys. So why do you put neons in your car? And don't call them lax power it just looks pathetic.

I can just about understand spoilers as they won't have much effect but you don't need any more drag or downforce on your cars. Even the t sport is a warm hatch as much as some of you like to believe it to be something else.

I can understand you wanting to fit better stereos and even TV to your car but why do you want Sub woofers and 1000w systems. You not being audophiles more like pedo. Plus your just adding weight to your car which is going to slow it down.

The constant rubbish about alloy wheels and fitting the biggest possible size would be a field day for Freud. Adding alloys if anything is about reducing the unsprung weight. Small wheels are better for accelleration which is more important than top speed in this speed camera ridden country and your more than likey reducing the cars ride quality. Don't you think those clever little Jap car people have a good idea what they are doing. Yes I am fully aware they have restrictions e.g. costs and margins for bad drivers.

I'm sure you will bring some other odd habits to my attention.

Anyway since i am now a going to be :saddam: i'm going to hide :ph34r: :!Removed!: .

Bye

Well said .... I too feel that a lot of times cars get ruined by being over molested.

One thing this site has taught me about people and their motors is

Individualism, modding is an extension of this. You can stereo-type to an extent but obviously the choas factor comes into play and a fair judgement gets turned on its head.

That said, I dont ever wanna see you guys wearing fake burberry Bball caps :P :P

:group-cuddles:

I totally agree with Sim.

However I also agree that every one has their individual right to do what ever they want to their car...within the law.

However it seems most mods these days just undermine road safety...are usualy illegal, and cause a nusance to other people.

Lets start with the ICE ... why do you want 1000W of power output in your car? I forget the decibels...and I can't be bothered to look it up at the mo...but it is illegal to play music in your car over this level...and it's not that high. One ...as the driver you can't hear what's happening outside your little metal box. As a driver you use your ears just as much as your eyes. Could be someone sounding a horn..to warn you about something...could be that ambulance behind you...trying to get past but you haven't noticed... not helped by the window tints...which change the way colours look....and also not helped by that big spoiler restriciting rear visibility...which does nothing but cause drag and burn fuel...and most certainly does not create any downforce...you'd need to be doing a good ton before that ever happened....but nayways .... loud noise is also annoying for anyone outside the metal box. both on the road and pedestrians/residents.

Also on noise, you'd also find most after market exhausts are too loud. not by themselves...but also with induction kits....cat's being removed etc. Again too noisy = illegal.

Coloured light in or outside your car . If outside...illegal if coloured and not part of normal running gear...eg LED washers ( unless white...but then that's still sad)

Neon lighting in / out that's visible whislt driving on the public road...and illegal.... due to it being distracting to the driver due to window reflections...and to other road users.

I belive that all Car NEON's quite clearly state on the packaging that's it's for show use only..

and not to be used on the public road.

Then there's the head lights...why do peeps insist on uprating 100W bulbs....it's not clever

and totally illegal.

Nitrous kit's ..... WHY? other than for Car Shows.

At the end of the day a Car is a Vehicle...which is a mode of Transport to get one from A to B

I don't know why it's so important to make a car individual..... it's just another fashion, and as such come and go.

I mean no offense to anyone...or to anyones car mods. I actually like some of the work done, most of which..again should be for Show use only...as there usually illegal on the public road.

Vipes.

if the mods are illegal then the car will fail its MOT mine went straight through with no problems in its modded state. i agree about hazzards to other road users, neons however sad people may think they are dont bother me as long as the Tube cannot be seen in other words if all i can see is the glow then thats fine by me.

loud bass i dont mind as long as its passing and not stoped.i like loud music but i do turn it down if i pull up outside a house.

its like art some people like modern art, i think its looks c**p but thats my opinion and i'm entitled to it. yes i do think a 1.0 nova with a mechano spoiler and a body kit that makes an effective snow plough is a bit stupid but hey if the guy (or gal) behid the wheel is happy then why should i care?

people are free to express their opinion as long as it isnt in a violent way.

Just to clarify..I never said the mods were illegal....but there use...depending on what they are on when on the public road is. At the end of the Day the MOT is a test for car safety. They don't include any checks on how loud the zorst is...there's no check on the max ICE output...and any neons you may have in or out, do not form part of the MOT test requirements. Most of these are indivually switched...so they are all off anyway during the MOT anyway.

doesn't matter if the tube of the neon can be seen or not..they are illegal when turned on..on the public Highway. Other drivers people see this...purple glow say....it distracts them for a second..next minute they've run into someone...ie they are a distraction.

and why is it that when you see people who have put a straight thru de-catted pipe in...that they keep the old cat...to put back in before the MOT..so that it will pass the emissions test...before taking it off again after.

Also a lot of garages turn a blind eye anyway for cosmetic changes....but depends on the garage obviusly.

People may drive around. with the bass thumping away constently...but turn it down when they stop...may think they are being nice...but most people drive the same routes..so the same people are subjected to the din each day as they go past....besides driving with loud music will get you 3 points...a fixed penalty for both driving without due Care and attention and also for disturbing the peace, Unless it's Queen....then that' allowed :-)

I've made my point....be it right or wrong in whoever's eyes, so will comment no further for fear of Breaching the peace!

Vipes.

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!

if your hidden behind an obstruction at a junction i.e. a lorry and u cant be seen, u pull out in standard car and someone runs into you

whereas youve just got a scaffold pole as an exhaust you pull out as you do someone hears you eases off and no accident

this is especially true with bikes as they are so small people never see them,

dont think this is a good theory

Can I just add my tuppence worth, as little as it is actually worth! :rolleyes:

I say each to their own, if someone wants to spend loads of money modding a car thats up to them. Its not hurting another person so if thats what someone wants to do, then they should go for it!

I personally dont believe in major mods, I'm happy with my Yaris the way it is, but then again I'm just a simple girl living a simple life and I'd much rather spend my money on clothes and shoes than mods (just me being honest!)

But if someone else wanted to mod their cars, for whatever reason, I wouldnt diss them for it! Everyone needs a bit of individuality.