Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Don't Understand Some Of You

Sim

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yarisboy

• dave5282

• Sim

• Fidgits

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yaris,

Ohh so much angst for a little car :P

and all that about neons attracting attention?.. if that was the case all roadside adverts, shops etc with lights would be closed, as for Blackpool dont even go there (NO..SERIOUSLY DONT GO THERE ITS A DIVE :P ).

Viper Dude if your that easily distracted driving must be hard. I know some people are sensitive to different frequencies etc but I honestly find the most stressfull lights and sounds are those of blues and twos especially when they want to get passed and you have no-where to go, you see people do the daftest things sometimes.

Just breathe.........and chill, its the best way :thumbsup:

Vmail, what happened to your lovely car?  :eek:  were you hurt?    :huh:

He hit this MR2 !

MR2%202.jpg

no thats sum1 elses car, only my feelings are hurt cos everyone is taking the p155 out off me

I'm lovin' it!

do you work at McDs?

No - if I did I wouldnt be able to afford my car!

And no - nothing to do with JT either!

Is it a crime to love your car nowadays or what?? :rolleyes:

Plus if all you can think about is Maccy D's or Justin Timberlake, then well...... lets just say maybe you need to get out more! :P

I've just read this thread .. I've not laughed so much in my life .. :lol:

The reason the Yaris is popular for young lads modding? Cause it's cheap to buy/insure and the adding of big rims and bodykits makes your car "individual" .. granted, Saxo's with Lexus lights are common as dog !Removed! but hey .. the ones I get p*ssed off with are the Nova's .. £50 car and chopped springs etc .. he's a danger to himself and other road users.

I drive a (quite) modded car and there is nothing illegal on it .. and the reason I modded it? Cause I like the MR2, I just thought the styling/performance could be improved ..

B.

Aiming for 0-60 in under 5 .. with subs going and roof off ..

i think i'll have my say

in reply to sim saying things about the forums that it's only for boy racers who want to know about bodykits.

well it's not.

a forum IS a place where you share info. with fellow yaris owners, whether it be about faults or be about alloy wheels and body kits.

i'm new to the forums. i came on here to find out how i could do my yts up 'cos i thought somebody else has probably done it before me and they might be able to tell me where to get some cool stuff from, I also came on here to find out why my doors and dash rattled and you know what i found out why too. I also found that the tsport is made in japan.

so you really can find anything out on here, there is something for everyone.

so heres what i suggest to you, i say this with the greatest of respect. i suggest that you read the description of the forum that you're about to read to see if it's what you're after and if it's not, then don't go on it. cos you'll only get p :censor: d off and rant, and quite frankly some of us don't want to hear it, 'cos it's your own fault for coming on 'cos you knew what the forum was about b4 you entered.

my rant over :D

I said that if you are into putting neons etc. in your car there are better forums that deal entirely and indepth with this issue. I never said that it was only for boy racers. Infact it is the opposite of what me and yarisboy and others have said we want less stuff about led exhaust and more yaris focused and the odd off topic comment and link.

Don't worry we all make mistakes and i'm glad the forum has helped.

I'm lovin' it!

do you work at McDs?

No - if I did I wouldnt be able to afford my car!

And no - nothing to do with JT either!

Is it a crime to love your car nowadays or what?? :rolleyes:

Plus if all you can think about is Maccy D's or Justin Timberlake, then well...... lets just say maybe you need to get out more! :P

Lighten up kidda, I was having a laugh. :thumbsup: :P

PS I do need to get out more tho, I am working to many hours at the mo :crybaby: LOL

I've just sat and read this thread, and some interesting points... but [as always] I'd like to add my 2 cents...

I drive a Lexus, I bought it cos I loved the way it looked, and it was perfect for me..

Now, it is slightly modded after two years, but that is simply to improve the 2 things that matter to me most in a car..

Looks, the IS is a stunning car [iMO}, but dropping it just made it look that bit better, and made it a little more stable in the corners. (but the looks were the main concern)

Now it has a straight-6, which [again IMHO] sound wise is second only to a V8, but Mr Lexus wanted a sutble car, so I have had a couple of aftermarket exhausts, and yes, the current one is a bit on the big side, but it doesnt wake the neighbours, or start dogs barking, and it sounds luurvely, which is what i wanted..

The stereo is standard, but as Dawsey and Rick can attribute, its pretty loud, but I dont turn it up in residential areas, and generally only listen to it loud on the motorways etc.

I have also added a few small touches, again to improve the looks (or practicality).

So here is my car..

DSCF0238.jpg

Now would you say this falls into the same bracket as a Max Muppet boy racer??

Thanks Dave... :thumbsup:

As for the debate, well, as some of the posts in this thread has shown, some members do consider themselves part of the 'max muppet' tag, but having met quite a few members and seen their cars, i would have to say a majority arnt..

So what is the difference?

Well, the base car does make a difference, the max power generation seem to mod Nova's saxos and corsas, fair enough..

But there is also how it is done..

Take Dan's Yaris, that is a wild looking car, but it has been done very well, with care to ensure it works (and it really does) whereas a lot of the 'MP' just bolt on LED washer jets, neons etc to try and look cool, and 9 times out of 10, the car ends up looking like a hash of Halfords add on's..

So i guess what im trying to say, is it all comes down to style and finesse, thats the difference.. and as has been said before, how it is driven...

Seems quite a tense subject of late though? A lot of people seem to get quite uptight about it?

(At the end of the day I dont ever come on this forum to upset anyone tho :thumbsup: I prefer to make them laugh :D )

Seems quite a tense subject of late though? A lot of people seem to get quite uptight about it?

Cant see why Dave...

Its a forum, people share their own opinions, and strangely others will disagree..

Its not personal, and no-one should be offended..

I agree fidgets, but There are a lot of harsh words being banded about? and forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems to be comming up a bit at the mo, ie magazine post a while back.

Personally I'm not bothered by others mods, if its illegal the MOT will say so, if it passes the MOT then its fine with me as its fit for road use

:thumbsup:

Dont forget what I said on the bottom of that post though :group-cuddles:

As i've said countless times before, there's modding a car and there's modding a car.

you can't expect to add on a load of stuff that doesn't work and expect me to sit here and say 'ooh yeah that's really nice' when i think it's been done without any care or thought.

if it's done with style and it's done to good taste then i'll give it a thumbs up. (mmmm snakeeaters mr2)

the one thing I reject completely is these carzone/carcept bodykits for things like the yaris that just make it look plastic, or kits for the MR2 that completely ruin the lines of the original sexy design.

So, in agreement with fidgits it is the way the car is done, and how it is driven plays a major part of it also.

Oh and just to touch on the loud music thing... yea i appreciate music, spent £1k on a soundsystem at home not long ago, if i had a car worth doing it to i'd probably get some nice Speakers for that as well. But why you would want people to hear/feel the bass outside of your car... i duno?

and it's not an issue of this 'I don't care what anyone thinks about me if they think i'm a ***** then fine' talk that's goin around. If you're blasting loud music through a quiet town centre or residential area then it becomes offensive, i'm not sayin that u should turn it down to a whisper... but we don't need to hear ur car vibrating do we?

As a bit of an audio geek anyway I don't think that much bass is a good thing, you lose the clarity and highs... but anyway that's another subject.

just my 2pence for the 18th time.

Sam

So, in agreement with fidgits it is the way the car is done, and how it is driven plays a major part of it also.

Yes, and to explain my point further, I'd like to show an example... (apologies if the following is your car)

member63_1.jpg

member63_2.jpg

Now, no one can deny the car looks a bit of a hash (no offence intended).

Notice the spoiler which doesnt fit in with the rest of the car, the badly fitting bodywork, and of course, the LED washer jets...

And compare it to this..

S1010012.sized.jpg

hey i take offence, thats my car!

red the thred

dont giva a toss, lov moddin ma mota to pull the wee young skoolys who hang around mcdonalds at lunch time,

YES I KNOW IM A PEDO AND IM LOVIN IT.

TATA :drool:

geocool wouldn't u rather get women that are a bit older than you? there's some challenge in that you see...

:P :lol:

fidgits, that starlet is horriffic, good example of how not to do things...

there's a website called 'websitesthatsuck'... and theory is you learn good web design by seeing examples of bad ones.

Perhaps we could do a similar thing with modding? 'this is how not to do it.com' or 'i want to look like a ubik, show me how its done.com'

i'm sure these would be very effective :D

Hi guys.....

First off, I joined this club to be part of a community.

I modd my car, to gain the most enjoyment out of it i can, im not gonna stop here, 10yrs down the road i might be finished, who knows!

My car certainly isnt the best example. Ive been to many shows, where i get lots of negative feedback from the green welly brigade!!! Ohhh those tyres are to wide, why have you got a metal front grill...etc

Its great that they want to keep there cars stock, but i like mine to look like the 70's racer it should be.

I think ENJOYMENT is the key thing here! dont knock other peoples sense of achievement.

For me theres nothing like relaxing in my garage trying to get the most out of my carbs, or doing a bit of tuning here or there. Does it matter how much money you can put into it? im at £6000 and counting so.....

I cant stress enough how satisfying it is for me to pull somthing of (err...) I find working on my car a creative thing, and im guessing so do a lot of others.

Of course there are seperate issues like dangerous driving, being aware of those around u etc.

For me i like the romantic side of motoring, the sense of man and machine. Not the detached motoring experiances of today.....

the sound, the smell, the struggle, and the hardship i find entoxicating.

So my views: Enjoyment, passion, creativity, excitment, and experiance. THIS is why i modd my car.

For ME ALONE.

THEY ARE MY FEELINGS.

AND MY BELIEF IN ALL THINGS IN LIFE.

wow man,

deep :crybaby:

but i do know what u mean,

seems to me your at the hardocore end of "customizing" a person who really cares for there mota.

does it not bring a smile to your face when some one appreceates your work :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links