Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noisy Ps3

Karma Supra

I'm not sure how many PS3 people there are here, but the fan noise is beginning to irritate me more and more on my PS3..

When on in my living room, with a big spec desktop pc/games machine, media PC, a 120 gallong fishtank with three big pumps and a small fist tank I can still hear the PS3 fan at quieter points when watching bluerays and playing games.

I'm not sure if it is getting "more aware" of it, or the fact that it is actually getting louder with age (it's hardly used) but it seems to be getting worse.

It is stood upright (aparently they run cooler) dust free and out of my direct sight (its not like its right next to the TV with a direct "line of sound"

Anyone else experianced this??

I'm not sure how many PS3 people there are here, but the fan noise is beginning to irritate me more and more on my PS3..

When on in my living room, with a big spec desktop pc/games machine, media PC, a 120 gallong fishtank with three big pumps and a small fist tank I can still hear the PS3 fan at quieter points when watching bluerays and playing games.

I'm not sure if it is getting "more aware" of it, or the fact that it is actually getting louder with age (it's hardly used) but it seems to be getting worse.

It is stood upright (aparently they run cooler) dust free and out of my direct sight (its not like its right next to the TV with a direct "line of sound"

Anyone else experianced this??

Yes i have at times, but it usually comes on when the PS3 or the environment around it gets warm. If its in a confined space theres not enough air going around it, so that might be the problem.

This may not be the solution, but thats the problem iv had with mine, and now thats its more in the open, the fan doesnt seem to be loud anymore

It is sat upright on a flat surface, so plenty of "free" air.

It is next to my HTPC/Amp (which kicks out more heat than the PC lol. good old Sony ES) but they are in a cabinet (sort of open front and back)and wouldn't alter the ambient air temp around the PS3.

Mine's quiet, even when played on for hours.

My brothers however did get a tad noisey after a while. He bought additional fans for it, which plug in through the USB. Keeps it reasonbly quiet.