Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reduce Under Bonnet Heat?

myromeo

Re-route the air con to blow into the engine bay :D

lol any sensible suggestions? :)

Ok

The vents was actually a half decent idea. Gives he warm air a chance to escape.

I know there's not a huge amount of space in the engine bay to start with. All packed in nice and smug, so it's all about improving air flow.

Maybe a bonnet scoop that pushes cold air into the engine bay and pushes the warm air down and out the bottom.

Like I said, take the bonnet off

:D

I was thinking there must be a way to get better airflow thryu the bay, is anything at the far top that can be removed to allow heat out by the window? I know some cars you can raise the rear of the bonnet but looking at the CTS this would spoil the lines and look *****.

I was thinking there must be a way to get better airflow thryu the bay, is anything at the far top that can be removed to allow heat out by the window? I know some cars you can raise the rear of the bonnet but looking at the CTS this would spoil the lines and look *****.

I dont know if its physically possible or even something you would want to do, but would it be possible to remove fog lights and run air tubbing (like you see for induction kits) and have them feeding air into the engine bay??

go for that uBer civic chav look and raise the rear of the bonnet. dead easy... couple of washers between bonnet and hinge. Bosh... space for air to vent.

Bonnet vents would be the best way, heat rises as im sure you know, so let it rise out rather than fighting it by trying to push it down.

Scoops are more for feeding air than cooling, Scooby intercooler for example.

Ive considered vents ....

unless the scoop is pointing backwards then it draws air out :)

im not sure that vents would look right on the rolla, anyone done it before? ve never been a fan.

as a practical start how about removing the noise dampening from under the hood? this traps noise and ultimately heat too, acting almost like an insulator in winter and an overheater in summer?

TB Coolant Bypass

hondata intake

C-One front undertray...designed with fins to help draw hot air out of the engine bay?

using a less meshy front grille?

laa you volunteering my services? lol.... i chopped a vent on a rolla once. looked horrible.

stack the bonnet and fab a slight understray scoop. will flow much better then.

laa you volunteering my services? lol.... i chopped a vent on a rolla once. looked horrible.

stack the bonnet and fab a slight understray scoop. will flow much better then.

Was it that obvious fella ? ... ;)

hello matey have you tried heat rapping your exhaust to reduce the heat from that also have you thought about removing the plastic undertrays from the engine bay.

hello matey have you tried heat rapping your exhaust to reduce the heat from that also have you thought about removing the plastic undertrays from the engine bay.

What would removing the under trays do as heat rises?? :blink:

removing undertrays will also effect high speed stability as air is buffeted about in that area. personally id keep it on and maybe vent that slightly.

removing undertrays will also effect high speed stability as air is buffeted about in that area. personally id keep it on and maybe vent that slightly.

Agreed ... :D

Agreed ... :D

Like this? ;)

under-06_ru.jpg

why are you trying to reduce the heat in your engine bay?.If you removed the undershield it would allow more fresh air into the engine bay,not sure how much it would effect the vehicles stability,the picture of the vented one looked like a good idea.if not you could try routing some ducting from behind the front bumper into the engine bay where you think you might need it.

Reducing heat will make the induction kit more efficient ;)

In my experiance i've found that a decent panel filter will do a far better job than alot of these induction kits,an induction kit does sound great but you will alway be drawing in dirty warm air from the engine with them,unless you fit something like a pipercross viper which is a sealed filter that is ducted to the front bumper so that it can draw in fresh air,problem being that it is very hard to run ducting to the front of your car without it looking stupid.

as per title, any suggestions?

a quick cheap fix that some people i know do when they are on the drag strip is to just pop on bonnet from the driving seat but leaving it safe and still on the latch. This leaves a couple of inches gap round the bonnet where lots of clean air can rush in.

a quick cheap fix that some people i know do when they are on the drag strip is to just pop on bonnet from the driving seat but leaving it safe and still on the latch. This leaves a couple of inches gap round the bonnet where lots of clean air can rush in.

Any drag strip worth their salt would pull you up on that. It's simply not safe to run with the bonnet in that position. I know a guy who tried it at Santa Pod last weekend and they made him close it as he was going up to the line.