Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Prices

Cyker

What the heck is going on with the fuel prices?!

I've been seeing it range from 101.9 to 108.9, but that's for diesel AND petrol!!

I'm increasingly seeing stations price their petrol is only a penny less than diesel, but I've also seen quite a few where they're the same price!!! And I'm not talking about V-Power/etc. petrol, but normal unleaded!! :blink:

It seems more common with the less common brands like Texaco, Jet and Q8, but I've noticed a few Esso and Shell stations doing it too now!

And then there was the freaky pair of Shell garages we passed in Woking where on one side of the road the petrol was 105.9 and the diesel was 108.9, but directly opposite the petrol was 108.9 too! :lol: (At first I thought it must be V-Power petrol, but on the way back I had a closer look and it was just normal petrol!!)

Has anyone else been seeing weird pricing like this? What's the average petrol/diesel prices around your areas?

The government have been sneakily putting up prices hoping we wouldn’t notice.

When there is a lot going on in the world MJ/Swine Flu/Expenses etc, they use the back door method and sneak the price up.

100.9 around here. Eactly the same price as diesel.

:( Bloomin' taxes!

I believe the prices are going up due to the price of oil going up (seen as a safe investment in a recession). Supply has also been decreased by OPEC to inflate prices of oil :censor:

The weak pound doesn't help either...

Filled up the M today... 105p at Tesco.

It's my fault that diesel is now the same price as petrol (or cheaper, as I have seen recently). I sold my diesel car and bought a petrol!! The good news is the new one is a Toyota and I love it!!

Al.

We in the UK are being raped as far as fuel prices go , oil is still less than half the price it was at its peak last year (149$ per barrel) , its 69$ per barrel now , there is no justification for it , its just the greedy fat cats milking us for all they can even when times are hard , we are the highest taxed nation on the planet in every respect , we pay tax on what we earn , tax on everything we buy , tax on our cars , tax to fuel them (over 70% tax on each litre), tax to drive them , tax on money we inherit when a loved one dies (even though that loved one has already paid tax on the money) , tv tax , council tax , water tax , im surprised they don't fit meters to people and tax them on the air they breathe !!! :o

I remember not that long ago when there were picket lines outside oil refineries because petrol was gonna hit a pound a litre , now a pound looks cheap ! Even when oil dropped to 39$ a barrel , the fuel did'nt come down relative to that , the oil companies excuse is that prices lag about 6 weeks behind , funny though that when its going up it goes up daily , no lag on that :mad2: Notice how the French go out and blockade the refineries/roads/ports etc when they're not happy with something and it gets sorted , why do the British just seem to take it on the chin every time?

the price rises are to subsidise the VAT cut aren'tthey? Went form 82p a litre when i lost the punto to like 102.9p now :| it's disgusting, aswell as £104.57 for 6 months road tax :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links