Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sudden Loss Of Power

Jeff-C

HI ALL, MY 53 REG AVENSIS T-SPIRIT DIESEL SUDDENLY LOSES POWER AND GOES INTO LIMP MODE, THIS USUALLY HAPPENS IF I PUT MY FOOT DOWN A BIT. SWITCHING IT OFF RESETS IT, BUT IT KEEPS DOING IT. HAD IT ON A DIAGNOSTIC MACHINE AND WAS TOLD NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS PLEASE. MANY THANKS

HI ALL, MY 53 REG AVENSIS T-SPIRIT DIESEL SUDDENLY LOSES POWER AND GOES INTO LIMP MODE, THIS USUALLY HAPPENS IF I PUT MY FOOT DOWN A BIT. SWITCHING IT OFF RESETS IT, BUT IT KEEPS DOING IT. HAD IT ON A DIAGNOSTIC MACHINE AND WAS TOLD NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH IT. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS PLEASE. MANY THANKS

hi mate

it looks like vibration --- correct?

but when you release the gas pedal - it works fine.

Please confirm or an opposite.

Cheers/Igor

To Jeff-C,

Presuming everything in engine bay is as should be ie; induction pipes, fuel supply from tank etc etc. May possibly be SCV = supply control valves, these are built into high pressure fuel pump. From what i know of these, what with being mechanical as far as i am aware they do not show up error codes. Will stand corrected. Maybe something to suggest to your dealer.

Regards, Beagh.

hi mate

Cheers/Igor

hi Igor, sorry for the late reply, had a computer problem. Cant say i've noticed any vibration, it just shuts itself down.

JEFF

To Jeff-C,

Presuming everything in engine bay is as should be ie; induction pipes, fuel supply from tank etc etc. May possibly be SCV = supply control valves, these are built into high pressure fuel pump. From what i know of these, what with being mechanical as far as i am aware they do not show up error codes. Will stand corrected. Maybe something to suggest to your dealer.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi Beagh, Sorry for late responce, computer been playing up. Hav'nt got round to checking this out yet, but i will get the car down to my local indy, and put this to him. I'll keep you informed on here.

Cheers

Jeff

hi mate

Cheers/Igor

hi Igor, sorry for the late reply, had a computer problem. Cant say i've noticed any vibration, it just shuts itself down.

JEFF

Jeff !!

I only see threes as the resons: SCV valves and poor injection and EGR valve --- I am about to agree with injectors because it is typical liinding at light acceleration (in case I understood yours correctly)

Cheers/Igor

hi mate

Cheers/Igor

JEFF

Jeff !!

I only see threes as the resons: SCV valves and poor injection and EGR valve --- I am about to agree with injectors because it is typical liinding at light acceleration (in case I understood yours correctly)

Cheers/Igor

GOING TO ASK MY INDY GARAGE TO CHECK THESE OUT. IF OR WHEN I GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT, I'LL POST IT ON HERE AS I'VE HEARD OF OTHER TOYOTA DIESELS HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. THANKS IGOR.

JEFF

hi mate

Cheers/Igor

JEFF

Jeff !!

Cheers/Igor

GOING TO ASK MY INDY GARAGE TO CHECK THESE OUT. IF OR WHEN I GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT, I'LL POST IT ON HERE AS I'VE HEARD OF OTHER TOYOTA DIESELS HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. THANKS IGOR.

JEFF

Jeff,

Had the same symptoms in 2 Vauxhalls I have had, turned out to be a split turbo pipe leaking under pressure. Might be worth having a look

Had same problem twice on my D4D 03 plate technical dude at garage said

This vehicle has a variable vein turbo and they are prone to disintigration causing the vein to stick thus causing temporary loss of power and vehicle going into limp mode, would probably benefit fitting new or re-conned turbo unit cost from £300 upwards.

A mate who used to work on diesels in the army told me that too much oil can cause this sort of problem.

:eek:

This vehicle has a variable vein turbo and they are prone to disintigration causing the vein to stick thus causing temporary loss of power and vehicle going into limp mode, would probably benefit fitting new or re-conned turbo unit cost from £300 upwards.

A mate who used to work on diesels in the army told me that too much oil can cause this sort of problem.

hi

the Author did not state the issue with oil burning problem.secondly the turbo will be rather sticked from the carbon than from oil, as per my practice.

besides -- let your mate compare cycle quantity of diesel and lub oil that might be sucted/burnt --- it is not the reason. Cheers/Igor

hi

the Author did not state the issue with oil burning problem.secondly the turbo will be rather sticked from the carbon than from oil, as per my practice.

besides -- let your mate compare cycle quantity of diesel and lub oil that might be sucted/burnt --- it is not the reason. Cheers/Igor

I'm not mechanically minded mate I know where the oil, diesel, brake Fluid and power steering fluid goes, but what makes em tick or what to do when anything goes !Removed! up is beyond me so I listen to what's been said and try to rationalise everything

hi

I'm not mechanically minded mate I know where the oil, diesel, brake Fluid and power steering fluid goes, but what makes em tick or what to do when anything goes !Removed! up is beyond me so I listen to what's been said and try to rationalise everything

hello again

the poor injection results to turbo vanes sticking but not a bit of oil per cycle.

I do not list more another reasons now. Cheers/Igor