Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Body Kit...

Jesus

For a long time I've considered fitting the Border nose, Tom's skirts and Tom's bumper to my car... and now there's a company selling this combo.

.: Clicky :.

Thoughts on this company or recommendations where I can get these parts individually. I want it to be as good quality as possible.

Also, will need recommendations for decent bodyshops in the Bedfordshire area.

Considering painting the car satin black or gloss dark grey... but I do love the colour as it is.

Thanks people.

:)

Just adding picture of car (not good quality) so people can see it right now...

post-11062-1246112577_thumb.jpg

I think it looks nice. But i love the color and wouldnt change it, but blacks not bad either. My car was originally that color until i got in an accident and change the kit and color. I regret putting the veilside kit on it though, its too sharp. If i had the money Id go back to the original body with the Bomex Scoops. Your car already looks sharp, if it was me i wouldnt change a thing.

Don't do it. one of the best bits about your car is the overal understated but tidy presentation.

As with my car, there are so many chavvy MR2s about, its hard to deviate from factory without devaluing it or making it look chavvy....

On a car like yours, Genuine TRD, Genuine Toms or nothing imho. -you don't need to stick bits on!

oh, and the colour is awesome as it is... best colour!

Thank you guys. I appreciate the comments. Really not sure what to do then!

I've always liked it as it is, but then always been tempted by the Border nose, and the rest of the Toms kit.

If you feel the need to change things... why not clear (not diamond clear) toblerones, and red US spec tail lights like Bibbs had ;)

If you feel the need to change things... why not clear (not diamond clear) toblerones, and red US spec tail lights like Bibbs had ;)

Thanks Charlie.

Can you buy the clear toblerones and red US spec tail lights or are the toblerones still a homemade job and the tail lights a tint job over here?

Hi Andy... I do like the Border/Toms combo. Thanks for your unbiased input! ;)

I wouldn't bother to be honest. I'm bored of seeing Border/TOMs kit on MR2s. How long ago did I donate those skirts and pay for the group buy on the bumpers? It seems every MR2 out there is going for either the tatty look, the same bodykit look, or both.

I got a set of clear Tobes off Jap Yahoo Auctions. Cheap, and I sold them a while back on IMOC I think. That and a US spec Turbo Badge.

Then get the red repeaters (from the US - they'll swap them for postage, as they want the JDM look) then splice in some extra indicator holders and bulbs, and tint the indicators red too.

The only thing that needs fattening is the sideskirts due to the colour coded front lip. But you don't need anything major, and I know of nothing minimal. Almost as if you need a spat behind the front and infront of the rear wheels. They do them for the S2000.

s2000ver1showcase.jpg

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...;#entry15062416

I'd look into something (maybe custom) like that, and then a body coloured diffuser for the rear, cover the horrid cage hanging down and add some depth to the rear bumper to match the lowness of the front and sides.

I like what those small front and rear skirts/spats look like on the S2000. If they did them for the MR2 I'd do that... but they don't and I don't fancy fabrication right now!... although looking at them again it doesn't look like they'll need too much modification.

Back to the toblerones... any idea where I can getthem now though? Nothing on eBay. Couldn't work out Japanese Yahoo Auction!!! I tried... I really did!

I used this company (as did a lot of the Reading boys).

http://www.crescent-shop.com/

You pay a deposit, bid, win, they then package and post. No cheap (was at the time when the Yen and Dollar were poor).

I "stumbled" across them .. hang on. Nope, the auction has gone, so I can't even get the Kanji for the sale..

http://www.members-crescent.net/cgi-bin/auctions_search1.cgi