Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Play In Front Windows?

junebug1701

OK, I roll down both the driver's window and passenger window about 6 inches. If I grab the glass on the passenger window, it moves fore and aft about half an inch. The driver's window is rock solid, no play at all. Anyone else see this on a gen 3 RAV?

Will check ASAP. It wouldn't worry me as they tighten when closed and if they are tight in the runners it strains the motor.

OK, I roll down both the driver's window and passenger window about 6 inches. If I grab the glass on the passenger window, it moves fore and aft about half an inch. The driver's window is rock solid, no play at all. Anyone else see this on a gen 3 RAV?

Ok, I just checked mine and both drivers and passenger windows move as you describe, passenger perhaps slightly more. My Previa front window also have movement but rears on that car have no fore/ aft movement. Not a thing I would normally go and check but there you are :D

Will check ASAP. It wouldn't worry me as they tighten when closed and if they are tight in the runners it strains the motor.

Yeah, I suppose they do this to allow for expansion and contraction but it seems like a lot of play compared to my other cars. It's a problem when getting them tinted. If the installer doesn't know about this you could end up with a non-tinted strip at the back edge of the glass.

Yeah, I suppose they do this to allow for expansion and contraction but it seems like a lot of play compared to my other cars. It's a problem when getting them tinted. If the installer doesn't know about this you could end up with a non-tinted strip at the back edge of the glass.

They won't let us tint front windows here - Big Brother Brown likes to be able to see who's driving :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links