Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Warning Lights On Dash

Stormblue

Hi everyone, not been a member very long but I'm hoping someone may be able to help me...

Car is a 2006 Gen 7 GT. I haven't had the car long and it was daylight when I bought the car. When you first turn on the ignition, the usual lights on the instrument panel light up and go out as they are supposed to do.

But as soon as I turn the sidelights / headlights on, the VSC, ABS, and TRC OFF indicators lights come on and remain on.

If I leave the sidelights / headlights off, the VSC, ABS, and TRC OFF indicators remain off.

The TRC OFF switch under the dash also works normally until the sidelights / headlights are switched on.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this or can you tell me what items to check myself please?

Hi everyone, not been a member very long but I'm hoping someone may be able to help me...

Car is a 2006 Gen 7 GT. I haven't had the car long and it was daylight when I bought the car. When you first turn on the ignition, the usual lights on the instrument panel light up and go out as they are supposed to do.

But as soon as I turn the sidelights / headlights on, the VSC, ABS, and TRC OFF indicators lights come on and remain on.

If I leave the sidelights / headlights off, the VSC, ABS, and TRC OFF indicators remain off.

The TRC OFF switch under the dash also works normally until the sidelights / headlights are switched on.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this or can you tell me what items to check myself please?

check fuses and wiring, make sure its all conected up how its ment to be.

Thank you for your reply. I've checked the fuses and wiring - as far as I can, had the wheels off today and checked that the wires are connected to the wheel sensors, all appears to be in order, looked at connectors in engine bay etc.

On further testing, if I press the brake pedal and hold it down and start the engine running or turn ignition on, the the VSC, ABS, and TRC OFF indicators remain off even with the side lights on. Release the brake pedal and they all come on again if the lights are on. I may have to visit Mr T to sort this one, the car has the remainder of the 3 year warranty until October this year - assuming this kind of thing is covered of course.

Thanks to your replies I have sorted the problem. When I took the bulbs out to physically check the holders and wires (they all worked), I discovered that LED bulbs were fitted, so I replaced the front side bulbs and rear stop tail bulbs with standard bulbs - problem gone!

I wouldn't have thought that the type of bulbs would cause this as I've seen a lot of cars fitted with them....

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Glad you got it fixed without having to take it into the garage storm.

LEDs draw far less current than conventional bulbs, so much so that the ecu will think that it has blown & flag an error. I had a similar problem when I fitted LED brakelight bulbs in my car but with mine the ABS light just stayed on all the time.

Thanks again Halek, that is logical now everything goes through the computer / ECU these days. I have read that you can get LED's with built in resistors but looking at these ones they certainly haven't. I have heard that the ABS light can be affected with a blown bulb but in this case all three semi related lights came on - hence my initial concern.

Thanks again Halek, that is logical now everything goes through the computer / ECU these days. I have read that you can get LED's with built in resistors but looking at these ones they certainly haven't. I have heard that the ABS light can be affected with a blown bulb but in this case all three semi related lights came on - hence my initial concern.

the led bulbs do muck evrything up at the end of the day its much better to stick with ordanary ones,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links