Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connecting A 3000watt Sub To The Auris Battery

ujamil

3000w subwoofer needs 3000w power amplifier. Its a lot of power, that means more than 200 Amps. Your car batery and alternator can not sustain that, definitely at least an additional baterry fited near amplifier is required. Also you need a lot of power on door Speakers to keep up the bass volume, sounds like a big project.

3000w subwoofer needs 3000w power amplifier. Its a lot of power, that means more than 200 Amps. Your car batery and alternator can not sustain that, definitely at least an additional baterry fited near amplifier is required. Also you need a lot of power on door speakers to keep up the bass volume, sounds like a big project.

When i think about it 3000 watts will blow the windows out , plz put up some video of the project if you go ahead with it.

3000w subwoofer needs 3000w power amplifier. Its a lot of power, that means more than 200 Amps. Your car batery and alternator can not sustain that, definitely at least an additional baterry fited near amplifier is required. Also you need a lot of power on door speakers to keep up the bass volume, sounds like a big project.

When i think about it 3000 watts will blow the windows out , plz put up some video of the project if you go ahead with it.

On a golf iv got 2000watts... i have had many problems.. had to change Battery and other components too.. therefore im not willing to risk the life of a 2008 car lol..

1600watts would be ok i guess??

Are you talking RMS or max power when you say 3000w?

Are you talking RMS or max power when you say 3000w?

3000w max power and 1000w rms...

Well ignore the 3000w bit then, for the sake of setting it up and getting the right amp, gauge of cable and batt then its a 1000w sub which will need a 1000w amp. What ohm is it running to hit 1000w? www.talkaudio.co.uk is a very good site for this sort of advice.

1600watts would be ok i guess??

I suggest 500watts would be more than enough, in fact probably too much for the sake of your hearing :( .... its a car for heavens sake not the Albert Hall :o :lol:

Like this one? http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-cbr-12-evo-p-6699.html

Does your have the amp built into it already or not?

If you are looking for an amp it needs to be at least 500w rms, I cant find the impedence but I assume its 4ohm.

Just for info, do not look for an amp that will hit 3000w max. In fact ignore any max power claims for anything to do with Speakers, amps or stereos, its RMS that counts.

I'm doing about 1000W RMS on my stock Auris Battery, running just fine.

So don't worry you'll be fine, just don't keep it playing for hours without the engine running.

Also don't cut back on cables, get a decent RCA cable, decent speaker cables and >35qmm power supply cable.

I'm doing about 1000W RMS on my stock Auris battery, running just fine.

So don't worry you'll be fine, just don't keep it playing for hours without the engine running.

Also don't cut back on cables, get a decent RCA cable, decent speaker cables and >35qmm power supply cable.

Any pictures of this

The setup or the cables?

Here's the trunk a few months ago, added another same amp and a got rid of the woofer, double ported one instead now.

I'll make a picture of the new setup when i get hold of a camera :)

35k91ds.jpg

The setup or the cables?

Here's the trunk a few months ago, added another same amp and a got rid of the woofer, double ported one instead now.

I'll make a picture of the new setup when i get hold of a camera :)

35k91ds.jpg

Sweet... I shall upload piks of mine tomorrrow.. Its got a built-in amp..

• 3 weeks later...

You got this fitted yet?

I found the Auris to be one of the easiest cars to install into. A nice surprise!

I found the Auris to be one of the easiest cars to install into. A nice surprise!

I am currently re-installing my audio-system and it is pretty easy to remove all the panels and fit them back. The only problem is that I did not really find any decent place for my 5-channel amp...

Best regards, Alex

Have you considered a false floor? I've screwed mine onto the back of the sub box but it looks like I'll be needing 2 amps instead of 1 so think I'll make a false floor but one that maintains access to the spare wheel well.

Yeapp have been considering that. But the floor would raise up so much that it'd be worse than having my amp on the backside of backseat...

Best regards, Alex

Why? How tall is your amp? I can PM some pics of my old clio build and you can see how much boot space was left in a small boot space to start if you like

Simply because I'd have to raise the floor from everywhere else too so that it'd become even. The dimensions of my amp are 70 x 437 x 268mm, so I'd have to raise it by nearly 10cm to get my amp there. It doesn't sound like a lot, but when I tried it, it actually was pretty high. I'd appreciate seeing some of your pics, looking forward to see them!

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links