Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Premium Fuels ...

s.illes79

Finally used up all the V-Power Diesel; About 535 miles on 38L which is within the bounds of what I normally get.

Back on Sainsburys cheapo diesel now. It's amazing how quickly the different fuel kicks in!

Engine was noticeably more rattly right after refueling, but the increase in low-end torque was very welcome.

I do miss the high-end power a little (With V-power I could take it to 3000rpm and beyond and the engine would still feel smooth, but now it's back to feeling like it's going to explode! :lol:), but because I mostly drive in town, the extra low-rpm grunt is much more useful to me. I can once again pootle around in 4th and 5th much more comfortably now! :lol:

Might try Total Excellenium or BP Ultimate diesel next to see what that feels like...

:rolleyes:
I got 380 miles from my last tank of VPower. Used to got 340ish from Tesco 99. Then 330 ish from normal 95.

u must drive like a nun! Dont you use lift? Im only jealous really cos i cant get more than 290 out of a full tank of v power :rolleyes: usually about 250 tho

Thank funk for that, ive been reading other peoples miles and im like errrrr i get nothing of the sort!

i dont even think i have ever had a 290 usually about 270 for me and i swear i dont drive like a complete knob, sure i hit lift once in a while and i live in the sticks so the country roads take a pounding.

i would be so happy to get anywhere near the 300 mark....... just once

eta I usually use v power but my local garage is having the forecourt spruced up so im currently on BP ultimate i always imagine different gains when i switch between the 2 but i prefer the V Power, just feels better

Just an update of an old thread which I thought was interesting...

Around town on V Power I was getting 22mpg

I changed to Tesco 99 Ron and I was also doing around 22mpg.

However, I had a full service from Toyota about 3-4 weeks ago and now manage an average of 24.5mpg around town on V Power.

Shows you what a new oil change, air filter etc can do! Keep that in mind :D

• 3 weeks later...
This weekend filled up with tesco 99, I did 310 miles and the tank was 1/4 when I arrived home. I had 4 people one board plus camping stuff for 2x2.

This was on country roads and motorway, and some congestion in London. Didn't do much lift stuff, just some :) , but was doing 70-75 on the motorway. However tried to save fuel when braking using a lots of engine braking, sometimes doing 50-60 in 6th. Also did clever approach to roadabout/traffic lights

I will fill up again tomorrow and report back the actual consumption, maybe due to the heat the tank was overpressurized .

ps: regarding more/less power, I didn't feel an difference compared to esso super ( I don't even remember what I used before )

I used 42.62L petrol / 310 miles which is 33 mpg

I got better mpg with 95 than 99, so I'm confused ...

Did 370 miles used 50Lwhich is 33.6. And guess what? I used tesco 95 (not 99)

I guess I stick to 95 but with some "premium" brand like Shell. Especially tesco 99 is now 110p/L. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Just an update on this. I've been using Esso Supreme, the warning light has just come on, and I've done 390 Miles!!!!!!!

And this time it's not been Granny driving, I've used Lift quite a few times, and been late to my Nan's birthday bash and had to drive quickly to get there.

So it's done more miles than VPower and it's roughly 10p a litre cheaper!

I can't tell any difference in the performance either.

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links