Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyres

jibbbbbb

Hi room, have not been on here in some time but still have a look on here to see what’s going on. Anyway the time has come now to replace my tyres on the rav, I have been reading up on this subject, but there are so many different opinions on this subject. Just looking for a bit of advice of people on here, who have purchase new tyres for there rav in the past few months, who are happy with their choice of tyres.

Many thanks looking forward to your replies

Hi room, have not been on here in some time but still have a look on here to see what’s going on. Anyway the time has come now to replace my tyres on the rav, I have been reading up on this subject, but there are so many different opinions on this subject. Just looking for a bit of advice of people on here, who have purchase new tyres for there rav in the past few months, who are happy with their choice of tyres.

I use Fawlkens

A little while ago Robert6920 fitted some very superior Michelins, not cheap, but they were supposed to be very fuel efficient. If you are out there Robert, how about an update now that you have had the tyres for some time? :thumbsup:

I've just put a set of General Grabbers on. Great tyres and the last Grabbers did 50k without a single puncture.

Still got my original Bridgestones on at nearly 7 years and 43k miles . Must change them soon due to age and down to 2-3 mils left. There have been tyre threads in the past if you search. The consensus at the time was General Grabbers and I think that is what I will go for.

hi again after a lot of research ive made my mind up and going for General Grabber UHP 235/60 R16 H

i have found them on this website http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard . and can have them fitted at a local tyre centre within one mile of where i live , before i go and purchase 4 new tyres just hoping at least a few of you agree with my decision.

many thanks for your replys on this subject

hi again after a lot of research ive made my mind up and going for General Grabber UHP 235/60 R16 H

i have found them on this website http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard . and can have them fitted at a local tyre centre within one mile of where i live , before i go and purchase 4 new tyres just hoping at least a few of you agree with my decision.

Just a tip - I have used Black circles previously and when I spoke to the fitting centre they told me that, had I bought the tyres through them, they would have matched the tyre price and waived the fitting charge. Got to be worth a try.

Good choice! :thumbsup:

I've got them on my rav, and is I'm very satisfied. Excellent grip on wet roads, and overall good performance.

I think I'll probably end up using event-tyres. They are mobile and were cheaper than blackcircles last time I looked.

Just a tip - I have used Black circles previously and when I spoke to the fitting centre they told me that, had I bought the tyres through them, they would have matched the tyre price and waived the fitting charge. Got to be worth a try.

Agree with davrav  :thumbsup:

I got a quote from blackcircles and went into the tyre place that would have been designated to have them fitted just to see if they could beat it and they gave me a better price even before I told them the blackcircle price (which was still good anyway).

Oh, and I got the General Grabbers and am very pleased with them - great in the wet and the dry and stick to the road very well (and I do tend to go round corners quite fast :D )

Off with the old fronts..... ;) ;)

IMAG0062.jpg

And on with the new tyres.. :) :)

IMAG0064.jpg

Severe tracking problem there chatters, did you get that sorted?

Tyres look the part!!!

Replaced my tyres recently at just under 30k miles with straight replacements for the originals (can't remember the make and my car is in a different country at present so can't check - sorry for not being able to supply the name!) for £96 each. I think they perform very well, including a regular fuel consumption figure of 44 (winter) to 47 (summer) mpg.

I imagine that manufacturers do some research as to which tyre performs best with their vehicle, and have often found, after trying out various alternatives, that the OEM is pretty good. Unless, I suppose, you go mud-plugging or ice-skating in your car.

Replaced my tyres recently at just under 30k miles with straight replacements for the originals (can't remember the make and my car is in a different country at present so can't check - sorry for not being able to supply the name!) for £96 each. I think they perform very well, including a regular fuel consumption figure of 44 (winter) to 47 (summer) mpg.

I imagine that manufacturers do some research as to which tyre performs best with their vehicle, and have often found, after trying out various alternatives, that the OEM is pretty good. Unless, I suppose, you go mud-plugging or ice-skating in your car.

while you may be right, I suspect their research is mostly based on which tyre gives them the best profit (ie cheapest to procure) within a set of driving parameters which many tyres will perform ok within.  It is not unusual for mass market cars to appear with different tyre makes from year to year and I would guess it is because they got a better deal from a different supplier (same as hard drives in computers for example)

• 2 weeks later...

Would you know...got a puncture on M11 last week....thank god I have a spare tyre on the back.... :P :P :P

Replaced in no time but the spare was looking a bit old... :unsure: :unsure: but got me to work and back....

Took it into tyre fitters... but flat was knackered due to the RAV driving on it :( :( But luck would have it..they had some Bridgstones on offer... so snapped em up.....

Now the General Grabber becomes the spare....

New RAV owners without a spare tyre best look away now..... :o :D :D

IMAGE_280.jpg

IMAGE_281.jpg

IMAGE_282.jpg

So she's all ready for MOT time on Monday.....

So she's all ready for MOT time on Monday.....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Passed with no problems... only an advisory on a small chip on the windscreen... No leaks, no rattles, nothing falling off or about to... And she'll be 8 years old on Sept 1st..... :toast::toast: clocking 113 thousand miles now....

I checked how many miles I did since last years mot... it was 18,000...... :eek:

• 2 years later...

I was considering replacing the original Yoko's on my 2010 Rav with General Grabber A/T's as they have great reviews and do a huge mileage, but will need to increase to 235 as they are not available in 225 / 65 /17 size. This size increase should improve speedo accuracy but I have only seen them available with a higher load rating of 108. Does anyone know if this higher load rating will have any adverse effect?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links